Greensboro, NC · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 5 votes
I keep looking, reading and learning quite a bit from Bigger Pockets but I needed a more personal thought about jumping in.
Personally I've looked at my grandmother's house (I stay there with my bro taking care of her) I've noticed the some of the issues that can be found around the home (leaking roof, plumbing issues currently) that I'm unfortunately not financially able to take care of directly. That is actually one reason I want to get into investing, to keep from feeling the paycheck to paycheck pressure. That in combination with me wanting to fix my credit has me still holding back.
I can't help but wonder what brought people into real estate investing, the fears with starting and what helped overcome it. I apologize if this post is incoherent or just plain does't make sense I just didn't want to lose the thought.
Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
13y
Welcom to BP Seneca Stephens.
Well for me, Real Estate itself just interested me years and years ago when I was in my early 20's. I liked the idea of the cash flow, living an easy and enjoyable life with little work...
At least that's what the Carleton Sheets commercials said. I didn't have the capital or the know how.
So fast forward to November 2008. I started to crave Real Estate again. I finally just jumped in. Made myself do it.
Unfortunately I was uneducated. I failed and failed hard.
Read my success story to get more details. But when you're ready you will know.
It's not just sit back and relax. You need to put time and effort into it. There is a lot for you to learn.
Read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" if you haven't already. This will help your thinking trememndously