Newbie needs advice on do's and do not's on home inspections

Newbie needs advice on do's and do not's on home inspections

New to Real Estate · Boston, MA · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 5 votes

Hey everyone! In the process of purchasing my first property. It is a 3 family property in Chelsea MA (right next to Boston) that will be owner occupied. I'm looking to schedule a home inspection for the first time. Because of the competitive market we waved the right to inspection so the inspection will be for informational purposes only. 


I'm looking at home inspectors and some of them offer additional services for extra money (i.e termite inspection). I'm thinking some of these services might be worth the money for peace of mind or to be aware of something I can fix after the purchase before it becomes a bigger expense down the road. 

With that said, I don't want to waste money on tests that aren't needed, and I don't want to voluntarily go looking for something that could slow down or mess up the mortgage approval process. 


Any advice for a newbie investor on do's or do not's for home inspections? 


Thanks so much! 

Ed

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.