Mt Charleston Short Term Rentals (Las Vegas NV)

Mt Charleston Short Term Rentals (Las Vegas NV)

Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 3 votes

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ever looked at Mt Charleston (NW of Las Vegas) for potential short term rentals? There isn't many up there, and lots of people love going up to the mountains from Vegas (especially in summer). I was looking at a few of the rentals (Airbnb) up there, and they all say they don't permit short term stays due to NV law. Any clue on that as well? Not really super committed to this, just trying to learn!

0Reply
31 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Las Vegas · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 15 votes
    5y

    I thought about STR up there and thought it would be an amazing opportunity. Then I looked up where STR were allowed and where they were prohibited and they do not allow them at Mt Charleston. I know a large number of STR are operating in areas where they are not allowed. I am not willing to take the risk of getting caught and fined. I am looking into STR in areas that allow them. Does anyone have experience in STR in the Vegas market?

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Interesting! So that's the reason. Thanks a ton!

  • Homeowner · Las vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Im also interested in similar STR's in the surrounding areas. Ive been bouncing around the idea of glamping/Yurt/cabin STR in Nye county (pahrump/beatty) as many tourists come to explore death valley. My concern is zoning. Would love to connect and bounce around some ideas. The market is insane in our area so this is the only pivot I can see with greatest ROI in the near future.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.