Newbie here! Can I BRRR my first investment?

Newbie here! Can I BRRR my first investment?

Flipper/Rehabber · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hey guys this is my first post here and I'm excited to get some feedback! I recently bought a piece of property at a lake near where I live. The lake level has dried up quite a bit BUT the property is still waterfront! (you just have to walk a little further) I bought the entire lot for $3,400! It's a quarter acre and on it sits a 1956 mobile home that is super water damaged. I am taking a sledgehammer to it tomorrow to make room for a brand new single wide mobile home I just bought for $32,000 bringing my total investment to $35,000. My goal is to use it as a weekend getaway for my family, as well as renting it out on Airbnb while we're not there.

My question is:

  1. Is there still a possibility to BRRR it?
  2. How do I cash-out refinance a mobile home I just bought? Can you even do that? 
  3. Any other helpful advice to get me started?

If I can do something like that GREAT if no that's ok too it'll still be a fun place for my family and I. I'm looking forward to your responses

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Kyler Smith If you're looking to do a cash-out refinance on the property, it's best to talk to a few mobile home dealerships in your area. They may be able to give you some insight on what lenders are willing to give out and on what types of properties. Since they work in the business on a regular basis, they may be able to give you some tips and perhaps refer a few lenders to you. 

    Hope that helps! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.