Looking to shadow a home inspector in Philly/Queens/NYC area

Looking to shadow a home inspector in Philly/Queens/NYC area

Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hello - I was wondering if it is possible to shadow a home inspector for learning purposes if I am not involved in the property. I am having been looking at lower end homes in Philly ($40K-$70K) that need lots of rehab ($20K-$25K) but since I live in Queens was wondering if there are any home inspectors in NYC area that would allow us to shadow them one day during some inspections, preferably lower end homes for better comparison. I feel like this would be an valuable learning experience and help when I am viewing homes to be able to quickly spot potential problem properties I should stay clear of. 

I am not sure if that is even allowed, but if so, I would love to hear from any inspectors in the NYC area (or Philly inspectors if a weekend) willing to allow a shadow for a day. We are new and eager to learn as much as a possible. FYI, we can show proof of vaccination if needed. Thanks in advance!

1Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Inspector · Fort Lauderdale · Member since 2019 · 223 posts · 51 votes
    5y

    HI you can learn a lot from nachi.org lots of videos to learn from.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.