Rookie Investor Looking for Education Recommendations

Rookie Investor Looking for Education Recommendations

Homeowner · Santa Ana, CA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 4 votes

I am a rookie investor with 3 doors and a full time W-2 job. I have some down time and am looking for recommendations on educational programs. Would it be beneficial for me to become a licensed agent in my state? Is there some sort of financing certificate that would be value added? An online course on construction? Etc? 

I am already reading every real estate investment book I can get my hands on and listening to podcasts. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

0Reply
22 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 774 posts · 501 votes
    4y

    Mariah - Sounds like you're diving right into investing, which is great! Although may be "non-traditional" education, I would also suggest you sprinkle in some networking conversations as part of your education. Whether conversations are with realtors, fellow investors, banks/credit unions, property managers, etc.. you'll learn throughout your discussions and get a feel for what is active/current in the market you are targeting. Personally, I'm doing this as well and have a goal of speaking to at least one person a day - I've found it's been very educational as well as keeps you active. I would suggest complementing your books and podcasts with some more "networking education". Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.