RE Cold calling companies

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
1y

Cold calling and cold texting do not work and are two of things in the most jeopardy right now for lawsuits (texting has so many fines coming its way). It's not a sound way of doing business, especially if you hire some random VA to call for you in an area they know nothing about.

Agents should always be building their sphere and creating warm inbound marketing from social media, events, and meetups instead of doing spray and pray. Everyone knows realtors if they are consumer, it's very unlikely a cold call is going to warrant even an answer these days with call screening.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 356 posts · 228 votes
    3y

    @Jennifer Stammberger

    What type of businesses do you want to cold call, and what is your angle specifically?

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    1y

    @Jennifer Stammberger did you ever find a good one? I've been searching myself for 2 years now and have yet to find one good cold calling company, I've even tried to hire off upwork directly. Struck out

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Cold calling and cold texting do not work and are two of things in the most jeopardy right now for lawsuits (texting has so many fines coming its way). It's not a sound way of doing business, especially if you hire some random VA to call for you in an area they know nothing about.

    Agents should always be building their sphere and creating warm inbound marketing from social media, events, and meetups instead of doing spray and pray. Everyone knows realtors if they are consumer, it's very unlikely a cold call is going to warrant even an answer these days with call screening.

  • New to Real Estate · USA · Member since 2020 · 22 posts · 10 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Hi @Jennifer Stammberger this is Ricardo from yourserviceva, we are a real estate agency with non accent cold callers ready to start whenever you want, I'll text you our info on private also

    -Ricardo Marquez 


    Hi Recardo, 

    I am looking for a good cold calling company as well, to help call and negotiate RE property prices with prospective sellers.


    Looking forward to your response. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    @Steve Meyers I’ve been running this with some success with a local cincinnati agent on 2+ units and nationally with a commercial broker for shopping centers. Data is the most important part of the success.

    If you want to chat more, feel free to shoot over a message

  • Patrick DruryBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    @Jennifer Stammberger
    I wouldn't hire out for the cold calling I would do it yourself. Become really good at it and refine the skill. Most of the deals I do are off-market and they are sourced from cold calling. It's also how I find deals to buy as an investor as well. It takes a lot of practice and sucks in the beginning, but if you stick with it long enough and keep improving it will be worth it

  • Peter TverdovBusiness Member
    Developer · New Brunswick, NJ · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Have to laugh at the guy who said cold calling and cold texting don't work. Made 6 figures in GCI doing that in 2024. I did hire a VA to cold call like 12,000 people and it was useless. Do it yourself and get good at it. Thats what I do and I am good at it. I don't call people on the DNC list, same with texting. It works...but any marketing works, it just depends.

  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 52 posts · 10 votes
    1y

    Hi Jennifer

    I’ve come across a few cold calling companies that have helped professionals generate quality leads. I’d be happy to share some referrals and insights if you’re interested. Feel free to shoot me a private message, and we can chat more about what’s worked well.

    Best,

    Amanda

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Peter Tverdov:

    Have to laugh at the guy who said cold calling and cold texting don't work. Made 6 figures in GCI doing that in 2024. I did hire a VA to cold call like 12,000 people and it was useless. Do it yourself and get good at it. Thats what I do and I am good at it. I don't call people on the DNC list, same with texting. It works...but any marketing works, it just depends.


     It works I agree - the key is finding the right person to do it. That is the problem and many give up way to early. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Corey BogaskiPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2022 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jonathan Greene:

    Cold calling and cold texting do not work and are two of things in the most jeopardy right now for lawsuits (texting has so many fines coming its way). It's not a sound way of doing business, especially if you hire some random VA to call for you in an area they know nothing about.

    Agents should always be building their sphere and creating warm inbound marketing from social media, events, and meetups instead of doing spray and pray. Everyone knows realtors if they are consumer, it's very unlikely a cold call is going to warrant even an answer these days with call screening.


     Hey John. Interested to hear why you think texting is bad? Do you mean just for "cold texting" or even when interacting with clients or responding to real, actual leads?

  • Peter MckernanBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Agent · Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Think at least for the text standpoint it is challenging in this market now where I know personally 3 people that have been in lawsuits with one ringing in at $500,000 for cold text messages to people that did not want to be marketed to, so to @Jonathan Greene point on that for sure.

    I think that cold calling is a true skill that really no one (or 1%) will end up doing, and I 100% agree that VAs do not do it right.. Even if you find a VA to do it for you, how do you coach them along the scripts and everything else if you truly do not know how to do it? Do the cold calling yourself and that is where the true magic is as you can see with @Peter Tverdov success at doing it and getting a ton of money out of those conversations. 

    The last point that I would make is you need to get into 3-4 pillars of the business that you will have for the long haul of real estate. Some people do SOI, some people do mailers, some cold call, and some do events.. The list goes on. I would recommend trying all of it out of you are new and then zeroing in on 3-4 that you really like and start to get good at in your market.

    The McKernan Group4.957 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.