Why are buyers agents commission so high in Orlando

Why are buyers agents commission so high in Orlando

Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes

In recent agreements in Connecticut and Massachusetts I have typically seen agents agreeing to 3 percent. 

was shocked that buyer agent commission are not trending downward in Orlando 

1Reply
71 views

Most Popular Reply

Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
11mo
Quote from @James McGovern:

In recent agreements in Connecticut and Massachusetts I have typically seen agents agreeing to 3 percent. 

was shocked that buyer agent commission are not trending downward in Orlando 


 Not sure what you mean. I've not seen any buyer agents or heard of any buyer agents here in Orlando charging more than 3%. 

The only exception to that is when working on new construction. Oftentimes the builders are offering more commission for buyer's agents and so in those cases in order for us to get paid that extra money, we have to have a higher buyer broker agreement amount listed.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11mo

    What % and price point are you seeing that in?

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @James McGovern:

    In recent agreements in Connecticut and Massachusetts I have typically seen agents agreeing to 3 percent. 

    was shocked that buyer agent commission are not trending downward in Orlando 


     Not sure what you mean. I've not seen any buyer agents or heard of any buyer agents here in Orlando charging more than 3%. 

    The only exception to that is when working on new construction. Oftentimes the builders are offering more commission for buyer's agents and so in those cases in order for us to get paid that extra money, we have to have a higher buyer broker agreement amount listed.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2025 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    10mo

    Commissions are always negotiable. I'm pretty flexible, but I know I bring great value to my clients. 

    Happy to support you on your next deal or simply offer advice! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.