• Automobile Sales Consultant
  • Surprise, AZ
Votes |
Become agent or keep job and invest part time

Juliano Albazi
  • Automobile Sales Consultant
  • Surprise, AZ
Posted Oct 2 2015, 14:30

Hello everyone. I currently sell cars for a living and I have found my passion in Real Estate. I am 27 years old and single and I do not have any kids. I like what I do but I don't love what I do. Life is too short to not do something that makes you happy. I know Real Estate will be my career and wealth building vehicle. I am looking at becoming an agent where I can learn the industry and make connections and then become an investor as well (multi family and fix and flips).

I have a dilemma though. I understand it takes time to build a business as an agent and it might take time to close some deals and make some money. I am not married so I have one line of income which is mine where I work. By the time I would start working under a brokerage I would have about 12-16 k saved up and my expenses are about $1500 a month. So I would have about 10-12 months of emergency funds to cover my bills until I build my business. I work over 50 hours a week selling cars with a rotating schedule so its tough to start part time as an agent and continue my full time job.  So an option for me is to start as an agent with money saved up and build my business full time. Putting in the hours, generating leads, finding a mentor who I already have and trying to become a listing machine. My friend closed 16 deals in his first year and I know its tough but has any one here had success their first year as an agent?

My other option is to keep my full time job and build my portfolio on the side until I can replace my employment income. Im looking at getting in to multi family rentals and building passive income. I just need some advice and feedback on both options. I would greatly appreciate it.

Loading replies...