Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Solomon Ganz
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles , CA
Votes |
Six-Figure career switch to Real Estate Agent?

Solomon Ganz
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles , CA
Posted Oct 30 2017, 13:35

Hey all, I'm a 37 year old with a successful 15-year advertising career making six-figures.  My largest frustration is that my salary is beginning to cap at low six-figures and the % of people making huge amounts of money (500k+) is like 1%.  And, if and when you attain that, you can easily get fired at any moment (I've seen it countless times as executives get into their 40's) and then you're down to zero income overnight (with a hard time finding a new gig).  I'm strongly considering a career-switch to Real Estate Agent as it seems the income possibilities are endless (assuming you work extremely hard and are a people person, which I have both).  My plan would be to hit it hard and make as much as possible within a few years, but also as I become an expert in my market, have the time flexibility (which I have none of in my current job) to find and partner with some investors to buy-and-hold or fix-and-flip some properties over the years (maybe dedicate 1 or 2 days a week to this).  I would love your professional opinions on whether you think at 37 years old I have lost my mind to leave a successful career path for this plan?  Is 37 too old to get into the Real Estate Agent game, from scratch?  Assuming I have the people skills, and precision focus and motivation to hustle; how long would it take to make six-figures as an Agent in Los Angeles, realistically?

Loading replies...