• Mount Holly, NJ
Votes |
Agents and Low ball offers

Amber Butler
  • Rehabber
  • Mount Holly, NJ
Posted May 24 2012, 06:03

Hello all. Newbie Here!

I am looking at a property that I would definitely like to make an offer on. From what I have supposedly heard from the agent, the seller is extremely stiff on the price. The house is listed at $53,000 and my realtor said that the seller was offered a $50,000 cash offer a couple months ago and would not take it and that the seller wants full asking price. Then my realtor said that the seller is finally starting to come around and is willing to accept $50,000.
The only reserves that I have is there is a cracked soil line near the kitchen and possibly cracked under the base of the house through the concrete that leads to the street. For that reason, and with all the other repairs, we want to put in an offer of $40,000. However, my realtor says that the seller is an investor, lives in Indonesia, and has no attachment to this house, and for that reason he does want the full $50,000.
Either way, my realtor pretty much will not put in my offer which is extremely frustrating. Can someone please explain why my realtor won't put in my offer? It's very frustrating.

Loading replies...