• CT
Votes |
Real Estate Scam(s) - Look out!

Ryan Luby
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • CT
Posted Dec 10 2019, 13:50

Hey BP community, wanted to share an e-mail scam I received this past week.

It started with an e-mail to my inbox (see 1st photo) An out of state buyer looking for an agent to help with a deal in their state. It was fishy from the start but as long as I'm not giving up any harmful info I always try to take the time to dig into things and get more info. After doing so, I called the listing agent of the house this guy was using for the scam, he was already aware, and then I tried getting in touch with the guy or at least the name being used as the buyer for this scam but still haven't gotten a response. 

Curious if anyone else received anything similar, if so how did you go about reporting, or making others aware?

I have heard stories of closing attorneys wiring tens of thousands to the wrong place because someone weaseled the wrong wire info into closing docs, but never personally dealt with someone trying to get anything through me.

He never set up a call, then sent me the fake contract, with the selling agents name as the buyer, and obviously other verbiage in the contract which made no sense.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

It ended with me calling and leaving a VM with Roger Blais General Contractors of NH, saying "I was looking to talk about some work I needed done and call me back anytime".. haven't heard anything yet lol

Loading replies...