Looking for new ways to market my real estate listings.

Looking for new ways to market my real estate listings.

Real Estate Agent · York, PA · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone, thought I would bounce this off the BP community. I am looking for new effective ways to market my clients listings locally and online. I currently use my companies default internet marketing. Our listings go on all the main real estate web sites local and national, like realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, etc. These web sites get thousands of hits. We also have local print media advertising and I pay for local ads here and there. In my opinion they are a waste of money compared to the internet exposure. I put all my listings on my Facebook page and Craigslist..... Keeping it real, these are the big hitters when it comes to my marketing campaign. To me everything else just seems a little fluffy.(I think the customers can see through it)

With that said, my company does a very good job marketing the properties, but I am looking for something new and innovative I can offer my clients that has true substance and is not just fluff. A lot of the local brokers put all their listings on these sites, most end users search for houses on these sites. I ask myself what I am really offering my clients marketing wise that is different.

I have been selling real estate for three years; I do pretty well for only being 25. I am the youngest real estate agent in the company at the moment. My background is in computer science, so I talk a lot of game on how important internet marketing is. I consider my background in computer science and my youth my competitive advantage. I flaunt it. I am looking for something to add to this sales pitch, something more to back these claims up. I cannot sell myself of sales volume or experience at this point in time.

thanks, Phil

0Reply
19 views

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Phil, Check out my article on the BP Blog called

    Three Marketing Ideas Your Real Estate Agent Probably Won’t Do (But You Can…)

    Those are my thoughts on what I think a great agent could do to stand out. Hope that helps!

  • Landlord · Dallas, TX · Member since 2012 · 505 posts · 34 votes
    13y

    Brandon Turner The website for a listing is a great idea Brandon! I just wanted to add, its probably not necessary to spend money to get the address however.

    You could create a free wordpress website for each property listing and save some money. Wordpress is free and its very compatible with google SEO. Once you start listing the website in marketing collateral online (such as craiglist or backpage or what have you) google will pick up on that. And you didnt have to spend any money. However, the downside is the website will be www.wordpress.123mainstreet.com

    That bothers some people, but personally I like free.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2012 · 253 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    Hey Philip Accardo do you reach out to people via Facebook Twitter or even Pinterest?

  • Karen MargraveBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    13y

    Philip Accardo I advertise on Postlets, they are free, and submit to an incredible number of other sites. I've sold and leased properties using them. Very nice looking pages, easy to use. There's also an option to do a webiste for the property at a very low fee.

  • Real Estate Agent · York, PA · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Brandon Turner I have thought about doing custom websites but never really pursued it because of the time investment. I do know how to develop basic web sites however it would take me some time to make one from start to finish for a listing. I am thinking it would take me at least 2 hours to get a site up and running. What system do you use to develop your web sites?

  • Real Estate Agent · York, PA · Member since 2011 · 25 posts · 6 votes
    13y

    Marc Bodinger Karen M. Thanks Karen, I am going to look into that website.
    Marc, I never really got into pinterest? Do you currently work it into your business? do you have a link to your page?

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2012 · 253 posts · 7 votes
    13y

    It seems like a good way to display a one sheet of a property then link to the details.

  • Rehabber · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2011 · 446 posts · 171 votes
    13y

    I think it was Brandon Turner who had a blog before about creating awesome 1 page websites with customized urls as simple as www.123mainst.com I don't remember but I think he used wix.com to make the pages.

    Have you looked into youtube videos? A few young, top agents in my area are outpacing the older guys because they are leveraging the sites like youtube and facebook.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Glenn Espinosa, I did (it's still up, but kindof a desert around there now!). I used Wix.com to make simple websites quick and easy. It's about $100 for a year, which includes the domain name and hosting. I use to do my own, but that was way too much work. $100 and a half hour was a lot better. Check out http://www.752wmarcy.com/ for an example of my last Wix account.

    I like having the domain name there, because 1.) People remember it when it's on a sign out front and 2.) It looks more professional (imo).

  • Specialist · Chicago, IL · Member since 2009 · 75 posts · 25 votes
    13y

    Hey there Philip, it's always good to see another person in real estate with an IT background. Since you have that to your advantage, you can probably do a lot more than your competition in the way of marketing to the younger demographic (25-40 years old). And also, I imagine that people that are in your age bracket, are most likely going to be drawn to you as a client. At least it usually works out that way.

    What I have in mind is mobile marketing. I'm an investor, however if I was a realtor in your situation I would focus on mobile marketing and also video content. A large majority of the younger demographic most definitely have smart phones. You can pretty much count on iPhone or Android.

    Perhaps, slap a QR code on your yard signs and once the code is scanned, it takes the prospective buyer to a mobile-specific page about the property. And on that page is a featured video walk-through of the house where you're doing the walk-through and narrating the video pointing out all of the houses unique features. And the call to action on that mobile page can be a button that the user can click to text message you about more info, set an appointment, etc. And simultaneously, once that initial text is sent, that user is opted-in to a prospective buyer mobile phone marketing list, which you can drip content to.

    Many future buyers drive neighborhoods on weekends to check out properties right? Well let that mobile component supplement the paper flyer in the box, which has been a standard for decades.

    This is just one idea.

    But I think this could help or at least inspire a different idea of your own.

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 408 posts · 37 votes
    13y

    Maybe use Google AdWords to target searches in your target market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    What I am finding is a lot of clients out there don't know if they will qualify & then they meet an agent who insists that they are pre- qualified before they will even bother showing them homes. Appeal to these & hopefully many will qualify for what you can get them into.
    One of our biggest referrals is a couple of mortgage brokers who don't nail them with origination fees but are inundated with young kids trying to get into a home of their own as rents are higher than a mortgage pmts.
    I am surprised by those who I sell LTO homes to. They pay on time & who did not for some reason qualify for conventional financing.

  • Robert AdamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Henderson, NV · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    13y

    If you make a custom site but use a free site like word press. You can mask the awkward domain name with one that you buy and then when they type the new name it will redirect them to the awkward name.

    For instance my site http://www.LVrealestateHELP.weebly.com

    However I have masked it with http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com

    This allows people to see http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com but when they click on it it goes to the same page.

    Hope that is useful.

    The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Companies4.971 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.