What are your goals for 2021?

What are your goals for 2021?

Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2020 · 45 posts · 36 votes

What do you want to achieve in 2021 and how will you go about doing it?

10Reply
598 views

Most Popular Reply

John MorganPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

@Kirbi Campbell

To convince my wife to let me buy one more SFR. We have 10 and she says I don't need to get anymore. I feel like a kid begging his parents for a new toy. Lol

See this reply in the discussion

207 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2018 · 255 posts · 118 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    Become rookie Real Estate Agent of the Year on Oahu, Hawaii!

  • PE · Member since 2020 · 41 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    House hack my first investment property in Saint John, NB

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2020 · 244 posts · 275 votes
    5y

    Purchase 2 investment properties.  I really want 4, but I'm under promising to myself in hopes of over delivering :-).

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester, MN · Member since 2017 · 224 posts · 323 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    Purchase $3 million in multi family. Ideally one big juicy deal.

  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    5y

    Great questions, @Kirbi Campbell. Some of my goals are to become more knowledgeable in commercial real estate and passive investing. 

  • John MorganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    To convince my wife to let me buy one more SFR. We have 10 and she says I don't need to get anymore. I feel like a kid begging his parents for a new toy. Lol

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    Next purchase will be a STR/Vacation beach home. Will rent it most of the time and use it myself a few times a year.

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @John Morgan

    Hi John, hopefully in the spirit of Christmas number 11 will come your way.

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 664 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    To buy 8 more units in Columbus OH during 2021 to put me at 16 units total!

    One property will be purchased using owner occupant financing so will be easier to acquire.

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell

    Filling up my pipeline early, capping out with Kw by summer, controlling what I can which is my effort, follow up and marketing. How. High quality content creation, frequent touches with my sphere.

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @John Morgan:

    @Kirbi Campbell

    To convince my wife to let me buy one more SFR. We have 10 and she says I don't need to get anymore. I feel like a kid begging his parents for a new toy. Lol

     I can so identify with this, haha. My wife wanted to stop at 5 and wanted to stop at 10. I just keep telling her "one more". My advice is look for a "why" that she can get behind. That could be quitting her job or going on a vacation or buying a new house. Whatever gets her excited to get behind the goal. 

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Copeland:

    Purchase 2 investment properties.  I really want 4, but I'm under promising to myself in hopes of over delivering :-).

     It is probably better if you set the goal at 10 and fall short at 4. I am a big fan of under promising and overdelivering when you are talking to your manager or customer. When you are goal setting, you should always shoot higher. Not only should you set the goal higher, but tell everyone your goal. If you have not done so, read the 10X book. It is a great book on the mindset of goal setting and shooting high. Of course do whatever works best for you, everyone is different.

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    5y

    My goal is to buy 1 property and get my property managers license, so I can manage other peoples properties. I am also looking to refinance several properties to free up additional cash flow, with a plant towards paying down debt faster on my portfolio. I would also like to devote more time to my Youtube channels, both travel focused and landlord focused. I plan to finish a book in 2021, which will be my first so that is exciting. As a family we are planning more travel in 2021 and I want to spend more time with family and friends.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    5y

    to make it long enough to get the darn vaccine..  

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2020 · 244 posts · 275 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    to make it long enough to get the darn vaccine..  

    😄😄

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, SC · Member since 2020 · 244 posts · 275 votes
    5y

    @Joe Splitrock thanks for the book recommendation.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    Close 70 deals as an agent, house hack a 4plex and purchase first commercial property, close 10 apartment deals with my clients, and take a vacation to a beach. 

  • John MorganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Grand Prairie, TX · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Splitrock:
    Originally posted by @John Morgan:

    @Kirbi Campbell

    To convince my wife to let me buy one more SFR. We have 10 and she says I don't need to get anymore. I feel like a kid begging his parents for a new toy. Lol

     I can so identify with this, haha. My wife wanted to stop at 5 and wanted to stop at 10. I just keep telling her "one more". My advice is look for a "why" that she can get behind. That could be quitting her job or going on a vacation or buying a new house. Whatever gets her excited to get behind the goal. 

    She was on board with one or two when I started investing in 2015.  Then I bought 4 in 2017 and she went absolutely nuts on me about that. Then I weaseled a few more slowly over the next few years and somehow ended up with 10 within 5 years. I saw the value in them and kept telling her I didn’t want to be 100% in the stock market when I’m retired in 15 years. She kept telling me “Nobody goes out and buys 10 rentals. I didn’t grow up like this. We don’t need all these houses.” 

    The cash flow is $4,400/month now and they're all on 15 year loans with two paid off. Her take home pay is 4k/month so I told her she can retire. Our rental income has completely replaced her income. And they will cash flow 10-12k/month soon when they're all paid off. That has helped cool her down. But during these 5 years of buying all these properties with her needing to sign for them with me at closing (because my DTI wasn't good enough with just my income and name on the loans), it's been a major struggle. Lol. But she's slowly starting to see the value in them...finally!

  • Rental Property Investor · Broomfield, CO · Member since 2017 · 64 posts · 40 votes
    5y

    A note to myself for 2021

    Knowing you can only finance up to 10 properties in your name, no longer hold a W2 job, and want to reach $10,000 monthly passive income, why not just focus on closing one apartment deal in 2021? You already reached 60% of your goal ($6,000 current + $4000 needed). When you have $10,000 passive enough, you will be able to upgrade your primary home into a nicer and newer one that your wife desires.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Keep buying duplexs, grow gross rent collections from 180K —> 250K

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    @Kirbi Campbell great question. Looking to buy my first property with OPM! Have a great deal, looking for the right partner now!

  • Rental Property Investor · Bayside, CA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 12 votes
    5y

    To have 10 doors by the end of 2021!

  • Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 6 votes
    5y

    2 real estate goals for 2021:

    Purchase my second investment property employing the lessons I learned from my first property.

    Develop relationships with other local real estate investors.

  • Member since 2020 · 339 posts · 356 votes
    5y

    To buy 20-30 homes and sell them off

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 2 votes
    5y

    To become more knowledgeable in rental property investing, open an LLC and transfer my current mortgage to it (in the process) purchase a larger home for my family and rent out my current house before end of spring.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.