Heloc on an investment property in CO

Heloc on an investment property in CO

Investor · Moab, UT · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 27 votes

I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a HELOC on an investment property that I own in CO. Thanks!

0Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
10y
I'm confident Vectra Bank will do a HELOC on an investor property and they have good rates. I have a contact there if anybody wants information. Also check with Everbank. They have a product called the Preferred Equity Line that is a first position HELOC and can be used on investment properties. I'm pretty sure Everbank will go to $2MM on their line. I do have contact info for an Everbank loan officer as well.
See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Lincoln City, OR · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    I just googled HELOC in Colorado and came up with a bunch of options. You might also check with your personal bank. I did a HELOC through US Bank - I bank with them and the terms were good. Good Luck!

  • Investor · Moab, UT · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    Thanks.

  • Adam SmithPro Member
    Civil Engineer · Firestone, CO · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    We just tried to get a heloc on one of our investment properties in Colorado and we could not find a bank or credit union that could do it. We talked to multiple local regional banks and credit unions.  We were told multiple times that they would only do a heloc on our personal occupied home. 

    I would love to find a bank that will though! Please update this thread if you find one. 

  • Escrow Officer · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 64 posts · 27 votes
    10y
    I would try portfolio lenders, they may have less strict rules for HELOCS on investment properties. Bank of the West comes to mind, but there are quite a few others. Look around for some smaller banks, they may have options that the credit unions and big lenders don't have.
  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I was recently referred to UMB for refinancing a HELOC. I haven't approached them as my needs changed yet would be very interested to hear your experience if you reach out to them. Ask for Greg Hammond.

  • Investor · San Marcos, TX · Member since 2015 · 272 posts · 360 votes
    10y

    I don't think you can get a HELOC. You can get a LOC through a portfolio lender. You can also try talking to the first position.

  • Kerry BairdPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Have you tried the "Big Boys" of banking?  The CitiBank, Chase, Bank of America?  Or credit unions?  

  • Investor · Moab, UT · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 27 votes
    10y

    Usbank and chase (note holder) do not do HELOCs on an investment, nor do any of my local credit unions here in UT or MACU.  (the property is in CO).  Vectra Bank has come recommended, so now I'm in the process of amassing a list of banks and credit unions to call to see.  I'll keep you updated.

  • Rental Property Investor · Golden, CO · Member since 2014 · 136 posts · 65 votes
    10y

    At a landlord meetup on Monday, someone mentioned Westerra as giving investment HELOCs.

  • Investor · Highlands Ranch, CO · Member since 2010 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I have found that westerra does do HELOC but not on jumbo loans for investment property. Does anyone have any experience with jumbo loan HELOCs on investment property in colorado? Thanks, L

  • Real Estate Agent · Loveland, CO · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    I agree that you should try a portfolio lender like First Bank or Bank of Colorado. Check with local credit unions as well. My understanding is that you can only get a HELOC on a personal residence. I believe that the HELOCs for rental properties idea got flushed after the 2007-2008 downturn, but it's still worth making a few phones calls to find out. Getting a straight out business loan might be more viable.

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
    10y
    I'm confident Vectra Bank will do a HELOC on an investor property and they have good rates. I have a contact there if anybody wants information. Also check with Everbank. They have a product called the Preferred Equity Line that is a first position HELOC and can be used on investment properties. I'm pretty sure Everbank will go to $2MM on their line. I do have contact info for an Everbank loan officer as well.
  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 404 posts · 227 votes
    10y
    And by the way, I have no affiliation with either one of those banks. I'm just aware of their programs due to research I've done for some of my own clients.
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    I have been researching this as well. 1stBank says they will do it up to 75% LTV for 36 month term.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Where did find bank that do heloc on a investment property

  • Investor · Moab, UT · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    I did not....@naomi garza

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.