Reached another goal: found a better job and it is in Real Estate!

3 Replies

How sad it was when my office management job got downsized!  Cut to 30 hours a week, all my benefits were gone.  Such is the reality of working for a business that is suffering financially.  Fast forward 3 months and it has turned out to be a blessing.  I found a full time job in a commercial property management office, I get paid to learn about real estate investing. Under one business roof are a few commercial real estate investors and a shared property management company; I work admin in the property management arm.  The Monday morning meetings are eye-opening:  how to add value, what are the market rents and goals for each property.  I feel my brain growing.

This came to be because I incorporated investment language in my cover letters and peppered it into my job interviews. I asked about triple net leases and reserve accounts. One firm found this valuable. My BP and book reading education came in handy. They liked my measly investments of a SFH and one multi-unit in St. Louis, even though I live in the San Francisco area, where rents are 3x more expensive, because I am taking action.

Life is good. 

Hi Kathy

Congratulations and good luck in your future investments from Albany, CA.  I can appreciate your choice to invest out of your area.  I too live in an expensive market, NY/LI and as it happens, I am looking to add to my investment portfolio by investing in Albany, NY.  Funny coincidence.....

Let us know how you progress.

Missy

Nice!

Education + massive action = success.

Unfortunately, a lot of people just get the education without much action and they wonder why their investing is going nowhere.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you