General Contractor recommendations in the Minneapolis / St. Paul Twin cities

General Contractor recommendations in the Minneapolis / St. Paul Twin cities

Shea NewkirkPro Member
Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I'm new to investing in the Twin Cities area and I am looking for recommendations for a good general contractor. If you have worked with someone in the area you like and trust please leave me a recommendation with contact info here. 

1Reply
154 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Twin Cities · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 3 votes
6mo

Hey Shea, I'm a GC, license #QB764031. I'd be happy to chat with you. I mostly work on my own rentals, but if I can't help you I'm sure I know someone who can. Shoot me a DM. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Twin Cities · Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    6mo

    Hey Shea, I'm a GC, license #QB764031. I'd be happy to chat with you. I mostly work on my own rentals, but if I can't help you I'm sure I know someone who can. Shoot me a DM. 

  • Bryon AndrewsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 104 votes
    6mo

    Hi @Shea Newkirk There are a number of great contractors here in the Twin Cities. There are also a number of contractors that are not so great! In my experience, you will get 2 of these 3 things. Quality, Cheap, Timely. Rarely you will get all 3 in one contractor. Feel free to reach out and I can share some of the contractors that I have worked with. 

    Bryon Andrews Real Estate51 Review
    View Page
    • Shea NewkirkPro Member
      OP
      Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote
      6mo
      Quote from @Bryon Andrews:

      Hi @Shea Newkirk There are a number of great contractors here in the Twin Cities. There are also a number of contractors that are not so great! In my experience, you will get 2 of these 3 things. Quality, Cheap, Timely. Rarely you will get all 3 in one contractor. Feel free to reach out and I can share some of the contractors that I have worked with. 


       Ahh the age old adage. You can have it cheap and fast, but it won't be quality. You can have it quality and fast but it wont be cheap!

    • Bryon AndrewsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2018 · 201 posts · 104 votes
      6mo
      Quote from @Shea Newkirk:
      Quote from @Bryon Andrews:

      Hi @Shea Newkirk There are a number of great contractors here in the Twin Cities. There are also a number of contractors that are not so great! In my experience, you will get 2 of these 3 things. Quality, Cheap, Timely. Rarely you will get all 3 in one contractor. Feel free to reach out and I can share some of the contractors that I have worked with. 


       Ahh the age old adage. You can have it cheap and fast, but it won't be quality. You can have it quality and fast but it wont be cheap!


       Yup! I have definitely found that to be true. Don't get me wrong, there are some really good contractors and if you find one, take care of them accordingly!

      Bryon Andrews Real Estate51 Review
      View Page
  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6mo

    @Shea Newkirk you should connect with Fix and Flip MN dot com.  Glenn Williams, a local investor and flipper, runs this company and has designed a program for investors.

    • Shea NewkirkPro Member
      OP
      Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 1 vote
      6mo
      Quote from @Tim Swierczek:

      @Shea Newkirk you should connect with Fix and Flip MN dot com.  Glenn Williams, a local investor and flipper, runs this company and has designed a program for investors.


       Ill check it out, thanks for the tip Tim!

  • Adam TafelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2017 · 580 posts · 396 votes
    5mo

    I’m a big fan of Brian Noy with Mill City, call or text him at 612.701.8346. I use him for lots of design work, great guy to work with.

    Upside Property Sales 4.9108 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.