Hey my name is Chidi, I’m a new general contractor getting and starting a general contracting business off the ground and I’m currently building out my client acquisition process.
My focus is primarily residential renovations, remodeling, and repair work. I plan to work with homeowners, but I’m also interested in building relationships with real estate investors, realtors, property managers, landlords, and others who could become repeat/referral clients.
Right now, my biggest question what client acquisition system has actually worked consistently for your contracting business? I’m less interested in getting a random lead here and there and more interested in building a repeatable system that keeps opportunities coming in.
Have you looked into to Thumbtack? I am not sure if it's begin used in your area or not, but if it's getting used and is available in your area, then being on Thumbtack can give you a lot of business.
Attorney · 10451 Mill Run Cir #755 Owings Mills, MD 21117 · Member since 2024 · 388 posts · 151 votes
9h
Quote from @Chidi Nwachinemere:
Hey my name is Chidi, I’m a new general contractor getting and starting a general contracting business off the ground and I’m currently building out my client acquisition process.
My focus is primarily residential renovations, remodeling, and repair work. I plan to work with homeowners, but I’m also interested in building relationships with real estate investors, realtors, property managers, landlords, and others who could become repeat/referral clients.
Right now, my biggest question what client acquisition system has actually worked consistently for your contracting business? I’m less interested in getting a random lead here and there and more interested in building a repeatable system that keeps opportunities coming in.
Thanks,
Chidi
@Chidi Nwachinemere, I can’t speak from running a contracting business, but from the other side, I’ve seen relationships and referrals bring some of the most consistent opportunities. The investors and property owners I work with tend to go back to contractors who communicate well, are reliable, and make it easy to work with them.
I’ve also seen clients ask their attorney, agent, property manager, or another investor for a contractor they trust before searching online. Building genuine relationships with those people locally can keep your name in the conversation when someone needs work done.
I like that you’re thinking about this as a repeatable system instead of chasing one lead at a time, @Chidi Nwachinemere. I’m a real estate attorney and investor here in Maryland, so there’s a lot of overlap with the people you’re looking to work with. Happy to stay connected, especially since we’re both in the Baltimore real estate community.
I appreciate your advice alot, and absolutely. I'd love to stay connected! If you have any clients that need any contracting work, let me know and if I need any legal advice, I will keep you in mind.