Should hdden profile be banned from posting

7 Replies

Seems some enjoy attacking from the shadows. With no accountability. 

Scott, 

I don't want to point fingers. 

In this medium a person can be vile, vindictive, vulgar, and utter any kind of nonsense from behind the viel of anonymity. One should at least have the courage to say who they are, to go along with their convictions.

Seems Apropos 

@Tim FitzGerald @Scott Trench I'm not going to provide a screenshot because what I saw was forwarded from another BP member to me, but someone who's been banned about 10 times now apparently dropped back in to send a mocking IM to one of our fellow members the other day. It's truly amazing the extent to which some people will go to waste their own and everyone else's time. No idea if we're talking about anything even similar, but it is annoying.

Chad,

I'm talking about posters using anonymous pseudonyms such as Dick B  not a real name. No picture, generic shadow avatar. And if you go to check their profile, what you get is "This  Members Profile is Hidden". Then if you follow Dick B's posts what you see is some of the most vile crud coming from a person who has not the courage to let theirselves be known. 

I agree that if you can't post your picture and give people information telling them what you are interested in, your experience and how you can help others or how BP can help you...hiding is worthless and should be banned/deleted!

@Scott Trench

Don't want to report anyone. 

I just agree with Char Prado. Char you state the case nicely.

BP policy in this matter, maybe should be changed. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.