Votes
Ram Kumar
  • Fremont, CA
Votes |
New home builder - about online registration form

Ram Kumar
  • Fremont, CA
Posted Nov 7 2017, 00:43

Hello all, I'm a potential buyer looking out for newly constructed homes. Last week, I went along with a realtor to see a newly constructed home and liked it. Before i leave the builders place, the realtor and the builder's sales person ensured that i enter my First Name, Last Name and email in an "online" form which also had the realtors name in there. There is no signature or something in that online form. It looked like a log entry for the visit made along with the agent or realtor.

At present i don't have good terms with my realtor. Hence, i'm planning to go with a different realtor as i don't like to work with the previous one anymore. If i finalize the above mentioned home, will the builder pay the commission to my previous realtor rather than the current one? Is entering the realtor's name such a big mistake? Can i not change that with my new realtor's name? Please note that i did not sign any purchase agreement. I just want to ensure that my new realtor gets paid his commission and not the previous one.

Loading replies...