Do the BP Rewards mean anything to you?

Do the BP Rewards mean anything to you?

Yonah WeissPro Member
Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Wondering if the BP Rewards mean anything to anyone?

I just received an email that I was granted another award, and I guess it shows up on my profile, but does it have any value besides knowing that someone is an active member of BP? I suppose you could tell that from how many posts they have. 

Don't get me wrong, it feels great to be 'rewarded' for being an active member of this awesome community, just wondering if there is anything I'm missing.

Anyone have any insight on this? @Mindy Jensen?

0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 241 posts · 135 votes
8y

@Yonah Weiss

They help you build credibility on the platform. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
    8y

    BP Rewards are applied nudge theory (I enjoy getting them also).

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    OP
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    BP Rewards are applied nudge theory (I enjoy getting them also).

    Interesting theory. Nothing more? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 241 posts · 135 votes
    8y

    @Yonah Weiss

    They help you build credibility on the platform. 

  • Lender · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 658 posts · 626 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Yonah Weiss:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    BP Rewards are applied nudge theory (I enjoy getting them also).

    Interesting theory. Nothing more? 

    Economist Richard Thaler was awarded the Nobel Prize last year for articulating what my kindergarten teacher knew instinctively -- to encourage people to behave in a certain way, you add gold stars after their name to reward their good behavior. BP wants to create the go-to platform for direct real estate investors and to encourage insightful posts and discussions, we get BP Rewards for our useful contributions.

    I'm getting a lot out of the discussion threads. For example, I'm solidifying my belief I would make a terrible landlord and property manager based on these discussions, so I'm directing my efforts towards the financing side of the business. But I still want to have a working knowledge of landlording to serve as a context for note and tax lien investing in case I happen to end up owning income property someday. Stuff sometimes happens.

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    OP
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed Thanks for sharing. I am also getting a lot out of the discussion threads. There is so much content here on every subject. 

    I guess it's working, because people keep posting.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.