Flipping a MHP and getting my retail MH license

Flipping a MHP and getting my retail MH license

Real Estate Agent · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 27 votes

Hello All,

I am looking to purchase and rehab three mobile home parks in GA. Any of the units are condemned, and I'm looking into getting my MH retail license to purchase new MH directly from the manufacturer? Any experience with this? Good idea?

The MHPs are a mess, and they do not have well-kept records at all so I've been able to secure owner financing for all three parks, gas stations, and SFH. So I believe the potential is there just trying to figure out where to start.

0Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2009 · 167 posts · 165 votes
4y

@Sean Hayes we own parks around atlanta, are licensed dealers etc. Reach out and let me know how I can help.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2009 · 167 posts · 165 votes
    4y

    @Sean Hayes we own parks around atlanta, are licensed dealers etc. Reach out and let me know how I can help.

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    I am doing this exact same thing! For the exact same reason! Im also looking to purchase a Mobile Home Moving Company! So it probably goes without saying.... haha but yes I do believe its a good idea @Sean Hayes!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Sean Hayes You'd probably have to check with the government entity in charge of titling and re-titling mobile homes in your area since they usually deal with the licensing and regulation as well. In some areas, you'll have to get a license to operate the park as well. 

    Sounds like turn-around projects. You'll have to see if it's worth it to buy new from the manufacturer (if this is the plan) and if the market will support it. 

    Best of luck with things! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 27 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Mario Dattilo:

    @Sean Hayes we own parks around atlanta, are licensed dealers etc. Reach out and let me know how I can help.


     Thank you for that! Would love to talk sometime as this is a big project and I want to get this one right. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 27 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nathan Jackson:

    I am doing this exact same thing! For the exact same reason! Im also looking to purchase a Mobile Home Moving Company! So it probably goes without saying.... haha but yes I do believe its a good idea @Sean Hayes!

    Good to know! What areas are you buying in?
  • Real Estate Agent · Athens, GA · Member since 2015 · 98 posts · 27 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nathan Jackson:

    I am doing this exact same thing! For the exact same reason! Im also looking to purchase a Mobile Home Moving Company! So it probably goes without saying.... haha but yes I do believe its a good idea @Sean Hayes!

    Do you happen to know if the manufacturer also finance mobile homes? 
  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Like a vendor/retailer floor-plan? I'm not sure @Sean Hayes. I'm trying to find a funding source for my New Manufactured Homes for my Dealer Lot in FL. 

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Sean Hayes:
    Quote from @Nathan Jackson:

    I am doing this exact same thing! For the exact same reason! Im also looking to purchase a Mobile Home Moving Company! So it probably goes without saying.... haha but yes I do believe its a good idea @Sean Hayes!

    Good to know! What areas are you buying in?

     Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina. What about you @Sean Hayes?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.