Investor · Naples, FL · Member since 2009 · 167 posts · 165 votes
3y
No. If you use rent manager or many other property management softwares you can offer auto debit, credit card, e-check, and cash payments at retail locations (Walmart, ace, etc). This is all much easier than a kiosk. We have been completely touch-free with these payment options across our portfolio since 2020. I recommend looking at those before putting a kiosk on your property. Hope this helps.
Summerville, SC · Member since 2018 · 553 posts · 252 votes
3y
I agree with @Drew Sygit. You’re at risk for an attempted robbery of the kiosk. If not a tenant, then possibly one of their associates. The only way I would remotely consider is the case of a 55+ communities or a super high end niche Park.
Do the online payment option. We use and Schedule My Rent. They allow debit, credit, and even money order payments (accepting MO’s is huge). Small fee.