Looking for people interested in Tiny Homes!

Looking for people interested in Tiny Homes!

New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes

Hello BP! I have the vision to create tiny home communities and am looking for those interested in the same thing! While I understand the laws are inconsistent from state to state, I believe it is a problem that if solved, could be a huge opportunity in the future. Please let me know if you are interested in Tiny Homes too so we can chat more! All the best!

7Reply
108 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
3y

I think alternative living is the way of the future and tiny home communities will definitely play a part.

Keep thinking creatively! SF!

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y

    I think alternative living is the way of the future and tiny home communities will definitely play a part.

    Keep thinking creatively! SF!

  • Rental Property Investor · Mansfield, OH · Member since 2021 · 129 posts · 89 votes
    3y

    I've also been tossing this idea around here in Ohio. Have you done much research on zoning? 

  • Contractor · Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 186 posts · 91 votes
    3y

    @Aidan Richard Connly best of luck with this! I am looking into tiny houses for airbnb myself. 

  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    I love the idea and have done minimal research on the topic. The biggest challenge is with zoning. But if you can get the city on board, would be a great affordable housing solution.

  • Henry CarterPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Waxahachie, TX · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Love the Idea.  What type of proposal are you going to use to get cities on board?  Modernizing, great use of space, taxes, jobs?  I would like to work in this area especially for small, gated area with amenities like dog park, pool, food, etc

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Steve Vaughan:

    I think alternative living is the way of the future and tiny home communities will definitely play a part.

    Keep thinking creatively! SF!


     Thank you Steve!

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tristan Gardner:

    I've also been tossing this idea around here in Ohio. Have you done much research on zoning? 


     Yes but not in Ohio. In my home state of North Carolina, the laws are pretty straightforward in terms of zoning and minimum sq footage. Also, buy putting wheels on the tiny homes and making them "mobile homes" presents a good opportunity to treat them like RVs and RV parks. This appears to be "Getaway House's" business model. I definitely need to keep reading up on the laws but there could be ways around them!

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sebastian Hernandez:

    @Aidan Richard Connly best of luck with this! I am looking into tiny houses for airbnb myself. 


     That's great Sebastian! Let me know if you would like to talk more about tiny homes! I have a real passion for them! Please feel free to connect and PM me!

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Scott E.:

    I love the idea and have done minimal research on the topic. The biggest challenge is with zoning. But if you can get the city on board, would be a great affordable housing solution.


     Thanks, Scott! Solving difficult problems is where the money is made! I believe there is an opportunity to be the first in this niche in many markets. It will require some diligent research, however!

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Henry Carter:

    Love the Idea.  What type of proposal are you going to use to get cities on board?  Modernizing, great use of space, taxes, jobs?  I would like to work in this area especially for small, gated area with amenities like dog park, pool, food, etc


     That is a good question, Henry! Honestly, in some areas (especially near state parks or national parks/ski resorts) my argument would be for land conservation and minimal use of space! It would be an excuse for the tourists to get out and be in nature more and have a comfy yet affordable and green dwelling while staying there!

  • Real Estate Agent · Rancho Cucamonga California · Member since 2022 · 20 posts · 11 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aidan Richard Connly:
    Quote from @Tristan Gardner:

    I've also been tossing this idea around here in Ohio. Have you done much research on zoning? 


     Yes but not in Ohio. In my home state of North Carolina, the laws are pretty straightforward in terms of zoning and minimum sq footage. Also, buy putting wheels on the tiny homes and making them "mobile homes" presents a good opportunity to treat them like RVs and RV parks. This appears to be "Getaway House's" business model. I definitely need to keep reading up on the laws but there could be ways around them!


     Love the RV park concept. Going to dig around as see how this concept would work in my county. Appreciate the idea Aidan!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    @Aidan Richard Connly

    Following. Are you more interested in LTR or STR using Tiny homes?

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    I was looking into this casually a few months ago. I love the idea for STR. Not sure about zoning etc. I did minimal research.

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chris Gossett:

    @Aidan Richard Connly

    Following. Are you more interested in LTR or STR using Tiny homes?


    Definitely STR.

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 569 posts · 257 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aidan Richard Connly:

    Hello BP! I have the vision to create tiny home communities and am looking for those interested in the same thing! While I understand the laws are inconsistent from state to state, I believe it is a problem that if solved, could be a huge opportunity in the future. Please let me know if you are interested in Tiny Homes too so we can chat more! All the best!


     I would be interested. Do you have a good provider or manufacturer that gives good deals on tiny homes? 

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ricardo Hidalgo:
    Quote from @Aidan Richard Connly:

    Hello BP! I have the vision to create tiny home communities and am looking for those interested in the same thing! While I understand the laws are inconsistent from state to state, I believe it is a problem that if solved, could be a huge opportunity in the future. Please let me know if you are interested in Tiny Homes too so we can chat more! All the best!


     I would be interested. Do you have a good provider or manufacturer that gives good deals on tiny homes? 

    Not at this time no. I am looking to connect with people who may, however! I am in the infancy stage of getting this off the ground but am open to any and all advice!
  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Yesss!!! I am a newbie to REI - However I've been digging into Off-grid / Alternative living for awhile. Working on locating an area in the PNW at the moment. That would dictate market & zoning. Do I do STR.. the Glamping, B&B with surrounding structures, or do I shoot for a 55+ community for long-term, just some ideas that run through my head. So many opportunities vs competing for standing structures.

  • Boise, ID · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 21 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Chintan Sheth:

    I was looking into this casually a few months ago. I love the idea for STR. Not sure about zoning etc. I did minimal research.

     I was driving through Idaho City recently and noticed this place! Tiny home resort full of STRs!

    I don't know much about it, but it looked cool!

  • Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    I’m laying the groundwork for an RV and casita village right now in east texas 

  • Mike ReynoldsPro Member
    construction · Nacogdoches, TX · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brandi Jo Newman:

    I’m laying the groundwork for an RV and casita village right now in east texas 


     Cool. Which city will it be near?

  • Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 21 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Aidan Richard Connly:

    Hello BP! I have the vision to create tiny home communities and am looking for those interested in the same thing! While I understand the laws are inconsistent from state to state, I believe it is a problem that if solved, could be a huge opportunity in the future. Please let me know if you are interested in Tiny Homes too so we can chat more! All the best!


     I've been working on a project with this for 2 years. Lots of research done & am in the process of closing on an RV park that has space to expand this. I'd love to chat more. 

  • Lender · Member since 2022 · 338 posts · 374 votes
    3y

    I have seen tiny home investing becoming quite popular recently! Best of luck 

  • Member since 2022 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mike Reynolds:
    Quote from @Brandi Jo Newman:

    I’m laying the groundwork for an RV and casita village right now in east texas 


     Cool. Which city will it be near?


     sounds interesting would like to know more

  • Real Estate Investor · Watchung, NJ · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 13 votes
    3y

    @Aidan Richard Connly : Very interested in learning more and connecting. Have you looked into foldable homes - boxabl? I have seen a few tiny home resorts doing STR in Poconos (PA) as well, trending these days!!

  • New to Real Estate · Camp Lejeune, NC · Member since 2021 · 44 posts · 32 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Arjav Parikh:

    @Aidan Richard Connly : Very interested in learning more and connecting. Have you looked into foldable homes - boxabl? I have seen a few tiny home resorts doing STR in Poconos (PA) as well, trending these days!!


     Hi Arjav. No, I have not looked into those but would be very interested!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.