Looking at a MHP/SS property. I'm familiar with how to value the SS. Could someone suggest a value for the MMHP? I've searched forums and can't find good answer.
32 Units 18 POH ave rent $950 14 lots rented at $450 ..... for NOI after expense of 180K.
Personally I don't count the POH rent towards the NOI because my lenders won't either.
30 occupied at $450 = $162,000 gross income Assuming a 40% expense ration your NOI would be $97,200
If you wanted to buy at a 9 cap you'd be at $1,080,000
Definitely check my math but I'd try to pay around $1 million for this. The problem I run into is they either want to capitalize POH rent or want money for the homes in most cases!
Personally I don't count the POH rent towards the NOI because my lenders won't either.
30 occupied at $450 = $162,000 gross income Assuming a 40% expense ration your NOI would be $97,200
If you wanted to buy at a 9 cap you'd be at $1,080,000
Definitely check my math but I'd try to pay around $1 million for this. The problem I run into is they either want to capitalize POH rent or want money for the homes in most cases!
Personally I don't count the POH rent towards the NOI because my lenders won't either.
30 occupied at $450 = $162,000 gross income Assuming a 40% expense ration your NOI would be $97,200
If you wanted to buy at a 9 cap you'd be at $1,080,000
Definitely check my math but I'd try to pay around $1 million for this. The problem I run into is they either want to capitalize POH rent or want money for the homes in most cases!
Thank you. But why would lenders not loan if the park owns the home? Depreciating asset?
Personally I don't count the POH rent towards the NOI because my lenders won't either.
30 occupied at $450 = $162,000 gross income Assuming a 40% expense ration your NOI would be $97,200
If you wanted to buy at a 9 cap you'd be at $1,080,000
Definitely check my math but I'd try to pay around $1 million for this. The problem I run into is they either want to capitalize POH rent or want money for the homes in most cases!
Thank you. But why would lenders not loan if the park owns the home? Depreciating asset?
It's considered personal property, it's not attached or affixed to the property like a site built home is the best I understand it
Mark, Jordan is correct in his analysis but the problem lies in managing not to get thrown out of the seller's living room when you offer him $97,200 for his park. As large private equity firms and investor groups with fancy names buy up all the larger entirely TOH parks we as smaller private park owners are left with many of the mixed POH/TOH parks. These large private equity firms don't want to be bothered with POH rentals and subsequent maintenance.
POH homes can provide a huge lift in NOI depending on rental demographics and home maintenance costs. With your park in question there are a ton of other metrics that need to be looked at prior to making an offer while also considering what type of investor you want to be. Those POH homes are pulling in an additional $108k over the pad income and if you assume 50% expense on those homes your drawing 54k NOI for you CAP analysis.
Remember though you either offer on total CAP rate or pad rate only plus wholesale value of the trailers.
Sounds like an interesting park with potential. Good luck. Roger
Personally I don't count the POH rent towards the NOI because my lenders won't either.
30 occupied at $450 = $162,000 gross income Assuming a 40% expense ration your NOI would be $97,200
If you wanted to buy at a 9 cap you'd be at $1,080,000
Definitely check my math but I'd try to pay around $1 million for this. The problem I run into is they either want to capitalize POH rent or want money for the homes in most cases!
Thank you. But why would lenders not loan if the park owns the home? Depreciating asset?
It's considered personal property, it's not attached or affixed to the property like a site built home is the best I understand it
Mark, Jordan is correct in his analysis but the problem lies in managing not to get thrown out of the seller's living room when you offer him $97,200 for his park. As large private equity firms and investor groups with fancy names buy up all the larger entirely TOH parks we as smaller private park owners are left with many of the mixed POH/TOH parks. These large private equity firms don't want to be bothered with POH rentals and subsequent maintenance.
POH homes can provide a huge lift in NOI depending on rental demographics and home maintenance costs. With your park in question there are a ton of other metrics that need to be looked at prior to making an offer while also considering what type of investor you want to be. Those POH homes are pulling in an additional $108k over the pad income and if you assume 50% expense on those homes your drawing 54k NOI for you CAP analysis.
Remember though you either offer on total CAP rate or pad rate only plus wholesale value of the trailers.
Sounds like an interesting park with potential. Good luck. Roger