MHU Boot camp

MHU Boot camp

Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Just did the MHU Bootcamp this weekend. For anyone interested, I found it a huge value. So much information. I feel much more confident and comfortable now in my search for my first park. I know I've seen others mention Frank and Dave in the forums, but I've got to say that I was really pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

2Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2023 · 178 posts · 122 votes
2y

They truly are the most knowledgable tandem currently in the MHP investing field.  I can't tell you the number of times they have helped me through their forum and all the insights provided.  I do think they are a bit biased to only TOH parks probably for all the right reasons for large scale PE investing.  I believe that POH homes though inconvenient can be managed effectively if the market conditions are correct.  As PE groups continue to gobble up every TOH park they get their claws on it will leave by default a lot of mixed TOH/POH parks available for smaller Mom and Pop investors.  We can make them work and drive better NOIs than all TOHs parks... we just have work a little harder than they like to.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 178 posts · 122 votes
    2y

    They truly are the most knowledgable tandem currently in the MHP investing field.  I can't tell you the number of times they have helped me through their forum and all the insights provided.  I do think they are a bit biased to only TOH parks probably for all the right reasons for large scale PE investing.  I believe that POH homes though inconvenient can be managed effectively if the market conditions are correct.  As PE groups continue to gobble up every TOH park they get their claws on it will leave by default a lot of mixed TOH/POH parks available for smaller Mom and Pop investors.  We can make them work and drive better NOIs than all TOHs parks... we just have work a little harder than they like to.

  • Lender · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 371 posts · 172 votes
    2y

    I agree.  They really know their stuff

  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    I just retired from the military, and REI (specifically MHP's) is now one of the main things I am focused on as I move forward in my life. Clearly, since I'm posting in this forum, I see how good investing in MHP's can be if done with diligence and thoughtfulness. To your point above though, the institutional and PE interest in this asset class is a little unsettling. While I can see how having some POH's isn't the end of the world, especially if you have a solid plan to transition to TOH's over time, for someone with no "experience" and not a ton of startup capital, my major concern is being able to get financing if I can't secure a seller carried note.

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    I've gone twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times! Frank has so much knowledge to impart. I highly recommend joining their mastermind too and doing the ongoing education.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.