Best ways to add value to a manufactured home?

Best ways to add value to a manufactured home?

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 1 vote

Hi there, I bought my first manufactured home this week.  It's in rough shape and I am going to renovate it to bring it up to max value before I refinance it (brrrr strategy).  I am thinking about adding on to it to increase the square footage but am unsure about adding on to a manufactured home.  Anyone have experience with this?  Thank ya

1Reply
26 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 178 posts · 122 votes
    2y

    All I can offer is do it right.  Lots of mobiles out there with 'add on' rooms but they have to be done to code to actually be added into the square footage.  Flooring, walls, roof, electrical, egress with windows and I think there is something about having a door that exits the home... not just into the home.  Not sure about that and it may just be a Washington State thing.  

    I would really try to get a sharp pencil to the numbers before adding on to a mobile home to increase value.  May work... just be careful.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.