RV Owners Leaves RV in Park - Texas

RV Owners Leaves RV in Park - Texas

Cameron, TX · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 0 votes

Hello,  

I own a small RV park in Texas.  I had someone move in September and paid for that month.  They let my on-site manager know they were going to "take a trip for a birthday party" and have not returned.  It has only been a week since they left, but the guest has not answered any texts.  We only had an agreement over text of what they would pay and no actual agreement was signed.  It's only been a week, but what are my options if they do not return and the RV just sits in the slot?  Any advice?  

Thanks! 

0Reply
26 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Josh Pratt:

    Hello,  

    I own a small RV park in Texas.  I had someone move in September and paid for that month.  They let my on-site manager know they were going to "take a trip for a birthday party" and have not returned.  It has only been a week since they left, but the guest has not answered any texts.  We only had an agreement over text of what they would pay and no actual agreement was signed.  It's only been a week, but what are my options if they do not return and the RV just sits in the slot?  Any advice?  

    Thanks! 


     I don’t have the exact answer for you, but since this is a public form and people offer their opinion, I’ll offer you mine.
    My opinion is you’re jumping the gun even worrying about it if it’s only been a week. If it’s a nice motorhome who’s going to abandoned it? 

  • Cameron, TX · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Normally, I would agree with you on that statement.  However, this is not a nice motorhome.  The person told us they were supposed to start a job in town on that Monday and never came back.  I'm not going to do anything at this moment, but if I do not hear anything, I was simply just wondering what the options were or if anyone has had this situation before.  

  • New Iberia, LA · Member since 2017 · 133 posts · 89 votes
    1y

    Have it towed. If it stays beyond what's paid for either move it to a storage area on your land and keep track of storage fees or see if you can have someone tow it offsite for you and in that case they will have to pay whatever fee the tow yard charges. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.