Sale by Owner deal and Milwaukee contacts

7 Replies

Hi,

I am looking for my first investment deal at the moment and am pretty excited but very nervous about it. I have come across a property in Milwaukee that is for sale by owner, and they are open to vendor financing. What sort of things should I be asking them? aware of? cautious about? how do you document a loan for vendor financing?

Also, does anyone in the Milwaukee area have recommendations for contractors/service providers:

* Real estate lawyer

* Property management company

* Property inspection service

* Property valuation service

* Accountant

If you don't want to post on here, please PM me.

Thanks!

Bronwen

@Bron Whitley welcome to Bigger Pockets!

I know some areas of Milwaukee so if you're out of state, send me the address and I'll let you know more about it (if I'm in that area).

Hi @Dawn Anastasi, thank you!

I've read a few of your posts with great interest.

The property is on N 33rd Street, near W Meinecke Ave. The owner has come back saying they want 20% down and 12% p.a., so unless they adjust the interest rate down a lot I'm not going to move forward on the deal. I don't think it's in a great part of town, but was going to consider it if I could get a good deal on the financing. I'm just starting out so am interested in owner financing, but not if it's not a good deal for me.

It's a duplex that has been renovated, going for $60,000.

Cheers, Bronwen

Bronwen-

The area around 33rd and Meinecke is in the roughest neighborhood of the entire city (Metcalfe Park).  Of course, that's just my opinion--others may disagree.   FWIW, there are duplexes in that neighborhood that are occupied for about $1,000-$1,100 in gross rent that are on the market for like $30,000.  

Hi @Darren Budahn,

Thanks for the feedback. I thought that was probably the case.

Cheers, Bronwen

Originally posted by @Bron Whitley:

Hi @Dawn Anastasi, thank you!

I've read a few of your posts with great interest.

The property is on N 33rd Street, near W Meinecke Ave.

Ugh, you don't want to invest there.

@Bron Whitley  I don't think that is a good area of the city for an out of state person to be looking at.  If you get further along with a property PM me and I can give you some references for some of the vendors you are looking for.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here