The paperwork involved in buying and moving a mobile home

The paperwork involved in buying and moving a mobile home

Real Estate Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2011 · 16 posts · 7 votes

I'm in Oklahoma and I think I need a 936 form from the DMV to move the home. I have a purchase agreement between the seller and I. So, what else do I need? Do I just meet with the seller and sign the title over to me and I take it to a tag agency (or the DMV?) to have it titled in my name? Is that it?

Thanks for any info!! You all are so helpful, I love this forum!!

0Reply
16 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper · Mission, KS · Member since 2009 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    15y

    I'm in Kansas and thats all it is here... just like buying a car.

    And in my experience, the movers I've hired have usually taken care of the permits and such themselves, and added it into their bid.

  • Homeowner · Burleson, TX · Member since 2008 · 756 posts · 376 votes
    15y

    Congrats on taking action Lindsey. You might want to spend time with your state laws concerning MH's. Good luck.

    http://www.tax.ok.gov/oktax/advform/mh05.pdf
    http://www.tax.ok.gov/advform/mh08.pdf

  • Real Estate Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2011 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    Okay, great! Those links are excellent!

  • Wholesaler · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2008 · 471 posts · 98 votes
    15y

    In Louisiana the seller and I went to a notary public, signed a standard bill of sale and the seller signed over the title just like an automobile.

    Action produces Results!

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    15y

    I don't know about your state, but here in Texas you have to make sure the property taxes are paid up to transfer the title (and it's called something else here). So you should definitely make sure the seller has paid them.

  • Homeowner · Burleson, TX · Member since 2008 · 756 posts · 376 votes
    15y

    In Texas it's called SOL. Statement of Ownership and Location.

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    15y

    Greg,
    Thanks for adding that. I remembered the initials, but couldn't remember what they stood for, except for that naughty phrase. :wink:

  • Real Estate Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2011 · 16 posts · 7 votes
    15y

    I called the county assessory's office and found out that the taxes do have to be paid for this year before title can transfer. Once that has been done, the county will give the seller a 936 Form and notarize the signing of title over to me.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.