Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act

Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Great news everyone!

http://www.housingwire.com/news/2013/04/26/lawmakers-fight-save-financing-manufactured-homes

p.s. For those who support this bill, here's a link if you'd like to write your representatives: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3849/letters

Thanks for reading! :)

1Reply
36 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Springfield, IL · Member since 2011 · 700 posts · 479 votes
13y

Bear in mind that what Rachel H. wrote about and provided links to is proposed legislation - not law.

If you want to become law, You need to get involved by writing your Senators and your Representatives and encouraging others to do the same.

Passing this bill into law will be an uphill battle and MHI needs all the grass roots support it can get. If you don't get involved and the bill fails, you have no one to blame but yourself.

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Vincennes, IN · Member since 2013 · 223 posts · 108 votes
    12y

    Wow. I hope you took a breath in between paragraphs. I personally would not see a problem complying with any of that. In fact, it would tend to support a prudent business model. Some items I would even venture to be a little more conservative in (e.g., 15 years is plenty long to drag out a sub $20,000 note.) I probably would not be in favor of a full 30 days notice for default, but then again that comes from my point of view as a collateral holder.

    The majority of us could and should handle all of that, especially if it would free us to originate and service our own note portfolio, which imo is what may strangle the actual preservation of affordable manufactured housing for the majority of low income earners.

    Good thought out piece.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Well, it's my opinion of fairness, the CFPB has not asked be to simplify the guidelines. 30 days notice is pretty standard for taking someone's home, the loophole is some states is that with chattel liens as if you were taking their car or an RV trailer. I'd say in fairness there is a difference and it should be along the lines of foreclosure of conventional stick built dwellings.

    Most of that is fannie mae and with the loan amounts taken into consideration. Nothing off the wall really. :)

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thought I'd share some updated news. Gaining support in the Senate for S. 1828 Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act:

    http://www.mhmarketingsalesmanagement.com/blogs/daily-business-news/s%C2%A01828%C2%A0co-sponsors-grow-in-wake-of-mhi-legislative-session/

    Here's a breakdown of the current supporters in the Senate:

    http://www.mhmarketingsalesmanagement.com/blogs/daily-business-news/sen-marco-rubio-signs-on-to-s-1828/

    Thanks for reading and for continuing to spread the word!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Here's the track bill link for S. 1828: Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act:

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s1828

    Hope that helps for those interested, thanks for reading!

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    I'll bet the support will continue to grow by everyone with an (R) by their name and when it get's to the list with the (D's) it will fall flat, besides, I doubt you know who would sign it in it's present form.

    It's hard enough keeping up with stuff as it is without getting involved with what might be, I don't really go there, but by all means let your feelings be known if it floats your boat.

    Good thread Rachel! :)

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thought I'd give you all another update:

    http://www.realestaterama.com/2014/05/23/congresswoman-sewell-supports-legislation-to-improve-and-strengthen-housing-financing-options-for-rural-americans-ID024328.html

    Looks like we're garnering bipartisan support, thanks for your efforts!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    New update: Industry Members Urged to Contact U.S. Representatives 

    http://www.mhmarketingsalesmanagement.com/blogs/daily-business-news/tag/preserving-access-to-manufctured-housing-act/

    Thanks for reading and for your continued support! 

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    New update: CFPB Report Validates Manufactured Housing Industry Calls for Regulatory Relief

    http://www.manufacturedhousing.org/webdocs/CFPB%20report%20MHI%20release%20FINAL%201014%20Web%20site.pdf

    CFPB Report: Manufactured-housing consumer finance in the United States

     http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201409_cfpb_report_manufactured-housing.pdf

    Thanks for reading and for your continued support! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    11y

    @Rachel H.  Any idea when this going to be voted on?

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Leslie A. At the moment, I do not know the exact date. It's nice to hear they are garnering support in both the House and the Senate. If I hear of anything, I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. Thanks for your support! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    11y

    Thanks @Rachel H. 

      I appreciate the updates!!

    Hope they get rid of this quick.

  • Fuquay Varina, NC · Member since 2015 · 38 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Just want to say thanks @Rachel H. for keeping us posted.  Since the lastest post was 2014, does anyone have an update for 2015?   Thanks.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    It passed the House. Waiting to see how it does in the Senate. There was a video on the event but I can't find it anymore. Sent it out to my email subscribers awhile back. Hope that helps! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.