Every Book Ever Recommended On BP And # Times Recommended

Every Book Ever Recommended On BP And # Times Recommended

Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 32 votes
Real Estate Investor Book List

*(21) Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

*(16) Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss

*(11) The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber

*(6) The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller

*(5) The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs by J Scott

*(4) The Book on Flipping Houses by J Scott

*(4) ABC’s of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy’s
*(4) Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
*(4) Think and Grow Rich by N. Hill

*(4) Donald Trump Books

*(2) Getting Things Done by Robert or David Allen

*(2) The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing by BiggerPockets

*(2) How I Turned $1,000 into Five Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time by William Nickerson

*(2) The Art of the Deal by Donald Trump

*(2) Cash Flow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki

*(2) The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
*(1) Success Principles by Jack Canfield
*(1) The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
*(1) Investment Biker: Around the World with Jim Rogers

*(1) The BiggerPockets Book on Flipping Houses
*(1) The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz

*(1) Inspecting a House (For Pros By Pros) by Rex Cauldwell
*(1) The Basic Steps in Real Estate Exchanging by Royce Ringsdorf
*(1) Mastery by Robert Greene
*(1) Flipping Houses Exposed by Danny Johnson
*(1) Shift by Gary Keller
*(1) Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
*(1) Winning by Jack Welch

*(1) The E-Myth by Michael Gerber

*(1) If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff

*(1) First Things First by Steven Covey
*(1) How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie

*(1) Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow

*(1) How to Be a Deed Grabber by Rick Dawson

*(1) Make it Big by Frank McKinney
*(1) Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson

*(1) Missed Fortune 101 by Douglas Andrew
*(1) Mastering the Rockefeller Habits by Verne Harnish

*(1) The Section 8 Bible
*(1) Investing in Real Estate – Gary Eldred
*(1) On China – Kissinger
*(1) Good to Great by Jim Collins

*(1) Trump Style Negotiation by George Ross
*(1) Real Estate Finance and Investment Manual by Jack Cummings
*(1) About It by Michael Gerber
*(1) Crush It by Gary Vaynerchuk

*(1) From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years by Steve McKight
*(1) Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got by Jay Abraham

*(1) FLIP: How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit by Rick Villani
*(1) Necessary Endings by Henry Cloud

*(1) No Time To Think: The Menace of Media Speed and the 24-hour News

*(1) Cycle by Howard Rosenberg and Charles S. Feldman

*(1) Rich Dad’s Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People *(1) Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons by Robert Kiyosaki

*(1) Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt

*(1) The Lean Startup by Eric Ries

*(1) Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki

*(1) Nothing Down: How to Buy Real Estate With Little or No Money Down by Robert Allen

*(1) The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach

*(1) What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow… And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli

*(1) The Richest Man Who Ever Lived: King Solomon’s Secrets to Success, Wealth, and Happiness by Steven K. Scott

*(1) Dealmaker’s Guide to Commercial Real Estate: Strategy and Practice for the Intelligent Investor by Ray Alcorn

*(1) All You Can Do is All You Can Do, but All You Can Do Is Enough by Art Williams

*(1) Hamburger America by George Motz

*(1) Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs by Dan Kennedy

*(1) Landlording on AutoPilot by Mike Butler

*(1) Start Small, Profit Big in Real Estate: Fixer Jay’s 2-Year Plan for Building Wealth by Jay DeCima

*(1) Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub

*(1) The Best Real Estate Advice I Ever Received by Donald Trump

*(1) Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield

*(1) Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization by Dave Logan

*(1) The Crash Course: The Unsustainable Future Of Our Economy, Energy, And Environment by Chris Martenson

*(1) The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy

*(1) 123 Home Depot

*(1) Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey

*(1) The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt

*(1) The Four Hour Chef by Timothy Ferriss

32Reply
101 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
11y

DUDE @Joseph Taybron YOU ROCK! I've been meaning to do this for the past year but never had time. Thanks so much! I think I'll take this and turn it into a blog post on the blog (and I'll give you proper credit, of course!)

Thanks so much sir! 

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Springfield, VA · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    currently finishing up the J Scott's - The Book on Flipping Houses. Received it as a Christmas gift, and ironically, my brother who bought it for me, had no idea I had just joined BP. So far its an excellent read, and a great guideline for flipping houses.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    12y

    @Joseph Taybron - I'm assuming that your source data for this came from the BP podcasts, and not from culling the forum posts. Would that be a correct assumption?

  • Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 32 votes
    12y

    @Steve Babiak My source for this book list is the Bigger Pockets Show Notes for each individual show starting from show #1 to show #54. If you have any additional books to add from the BP forums that would be awesome!!!

  • Investor · Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 63 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Very cool resource.

  • Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2010 · 99 posts · 23 votes
    12y

    Wow, nice job! This is a great list.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Lots of learning in that list. I counted the ones I've read--17. Surprised it was that many. Thanks for putting it together, Joseph!

  • Accountant · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 210 votes
    11y

    awesome thanks for compiling

  • Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Just what I was searching for! Thank you so much for putting together the list.

  • Specialist · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 817 votes
    11y

    This would make a great little add-on to the Podcasts, @Brandon Turner - a counter with the most book mentions during the famous five? updated every week with an amazon affiliate link to drive some incremental sales?

  • Haverhill, MA · Member since 2009 · 293 posts · 157 votes
    11y

    Epic list, thanks! 

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    DUDE @Joseph Taybron YOU ROCK! I've been meaning to do this for the past year but never had time. Thanks so much! I think I'll take this and turn it into a blog post on the blog (and I'll give you proper credit, of course!)

    Thanks so much sir! 

  • Investor · Polk County, FL · Member since 2014 · 144 posts · 36 votes
    11y

    This list is indeed epic.  I read some on the list which is a good sign! I really would like to read Getting Things Done next.   I'm following this post in hopes of ordering the rest via Amazon, I have Brandon's book as of today!

  • Biddeford, ME · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Thank you for taking the time to create this list! Because I spend too much time listening to the podcasts, I have already heard about and read a few of them. I'm always looking for more and this list will supply me for a little while. Thanks again!

  • Real Estate Investor · Vinemont, AL · Member since 2012 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks for taking the time to put this list together. I wanted to do this just never got around to it. 

  • Prairieville, LA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Very helpful! Thank you for putting this together

  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2008 · 342 posts · 123 votes
    11y
    Cool. Thanks for putting the list together. I better get busy reading since there are still some on the list I have not read :)
  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

  • Real Estate Agent · Centerville, MA · Member since 2014 · 60 posts · 18 votes
    10y
  • Chiriquí, Chiriquí · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Thank you for putting together this list!

  • Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 30 votes
    10y

    thanks for adding this list, i am actually listening to all the podcasts, have 7 to go and that will be my next assignment is to list all the books in their occurrence. Great job!!

  • Investor · SF Bay Area · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 16 votes
    10y

    Anyone have a book that's specific to NNN commercial investing?

  • Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Jose Martinez:

    thanks for adding this list, i am actually listening to all the podcasts, have 7 to go and that will be my next assignment is to list all the books in their occurrence. Great job!!

     Hey I'm new here, both on the site and to the idea of real estate investing as a whole. I was just wondering if there is a method to your madness (watching all podcasts) or are you just taking everything in as it comes? I'm trying to figure out the best way to navigate this site and get the most out of it. Thank you for any insight!

  • Bealeton, VA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    I like to read a book a month.  Gratitude to you for this list.  I'd like to add to the this from the show notes as you did Joseph.  Did you retrieve from watching the Bigger Pockets podcast?

  • Whitman, MA · Member since 2018 · 104 posts · 80 votes
    7y

    Great List! As far as listening or watching the Podcasts, I prefer to listen. I downloaded over 300 of them to a thumb drive and listen to them while driving (I drive for a living) so far I average 2-3 podcasts a day. 

    I just need to get the audio edition of these books to listen to them!

  • Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    That's awesome, thanks for that! Has this been updated recently or is it 5 years old?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.