How do you still find cashflow in this market?

How do you still find cashflow in this market?

Andrew FreedBusiness Member
Investor · Worcester, MA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Personally, I find cash flow in tertiary markets that are heavily concentrated in multifamily properties outside major metropolitan areas. For instance, I invest in Worcester MA and the surrounding areas which is a tertiary market to Boston. Around my area, you can still find properties with decent appreciation liklihood while still hitting the 1% rule. If I was moving to another market, I would focus on tertiary markets outside major growing metropolitan areas with a large concentration of multifamily, preferably at least an hour away at most. It's easier to find a cash flow multifamily when there are more supply of that asset class. That is how I seek cash flow in this market.... how do you? 

7Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan BombaciBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Lowell, MA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

I think that’s a great strategy. We like to follow the commute and target the path of progress. From Boston along 90 west makes sense, hitting Worcester, from Portsmouth NH along RT16 East makes sense. We place a lot of bets using this strategy and it’s paying off with market rents grossly outpacing our projections.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan BombaciBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Lowell, MA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    I think that’s a great strategy. We like to follow the commute and target the path of progress. From Boston along 90 west makes sense, hitting Worcester, from Portsmouth NH along RT16 East makes sense. We place a lot of bets using this strategy and it’s paying off with market rents grossly outpacing our projections.

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 235 posts · 127 votes
    2y

    Agreed. Small multi-family in tertiary markets seems like the way to go. Generally encouraged by the right tertiary markets as renters continued to get priced out of tier 1 and 2 metros. 

  • Tre DeBragaPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2022 · 107 posts · 48 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jonathan Bombaci:

    I think that’s a great strategy. We like to follow the commute and target the path of progress. From Boston along 90 west makes sense, hitting Worcester, from Portsmouth NH along RT16 East makes sense. We place a lot of bets using this strategy and it’s paying off with market rents grossly outpacing our projections.


     have you or any of your clients had any luck with creative financing in these areas? 

  • Jonathan BombaciBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Lowell, MA · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tre DeBraga:
    Quote from @Jonathan Bombaci:

    I think that’s a great strategy. We like to follow the commute and target the path of progress. From Boston along 90 west makes sense, hitting Worcester, from Portsmouth NH along RT16 East makes sense. We place a lot of bets using this strategy and it’s paying off with market rents grossly outpacing our projections.


     have you or any of your clients had any luck with creative financing in these areas? 


     I personally don’t do much seller financing besides the occasional promissory note outside of closing. That said there are many people active in the area doing seller financing or subto type deals. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.