How do I buy vacant lots no money down?

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Byron Zealey:

I am brand new to this but I have a really great idea that I want to explore and scale. I just need to get my first property so I can walk it through.


 Most vacant lots we see with zero down are over priced lots or junk lots that cannot be built upon. So be careful

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · VA · Member since 2008 · 420 posts · 175 votes
    2y

    This is what I do in scale every month! Best is to find a great opportunity and send it to someone for funding, hence, no money on your side only for marketing/time.

    Send me a PM with anything specific you have in mind!

  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2011 · 606 posts · 413 votes
    2y

    If you want to buy lots/land no money down then you typically have to work with the seller to buy it with owner financing or sub2.  Most lenders (even private or hard money) are going to require some money down especially land.  You said you were brand new and I would not think that buying a lot is the best place to start since the lot does not cash flow until you have a house on the property or you sell it to someone else with owner financing and make the spread.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Byron Zealey:

    I am brand new to this but I have a really great idea that I want to explore and scale. I just need to get my first property so I can walk it through.


     Most vacant lots we see with zero down are over priced lots or junk lots that cannot be built upon. So be careful

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    Even if you negotiate a deal with no money down. They are going to be closing costs involved.

    What are your plans with this vacant lot? Considering you have no money.

  • Travis TimmonsPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ellsworth, ME · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    2y

    You get things no money down if you substantially overpay or buy from a seller with no other options. It's a bad idea. It's an even worse idea if you don't have any money or easy access to it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.