Blacktip Construction Group / Jeff Beach / Scam Artist

Blacktip Construction Group / Jeff Beach / Scam Artist

Investor 路 Nevada City, CA 路 Member since 2019 路 21 posts 路 28 votes

I thought to open a new thread about Blacktip Construction Group who has taken peoples deposits. Many people were recommended to Blacktip Construction by RTR and SWFL Advisors. More of more people have been bringing up the fact that Jeff Beach has taken money from them. There was a investment that was advertised by RTR and SWFL Advisors and they referred us over to Blacktip Construction Group. We were told to buy lots and then sign contracts to build with Blacktip. Jeff Beach the owner has taken deposits for over 2 years from clients. He is known not to answer his phone, rarely respond to email and has multiple litigation's against him. If you have had problems or been a victim of his company this would be a great opportunity to share your story and come together. He took 56k from us, justified it and only pulled permits.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffery-beach-3bbbb1170/

https://twitter.com/jeffbeach75?lang=en

https://blacktipgroup.com/

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/name/jeffery-beach_fort-mye...

https://www.facebook.com/blacktipconstruction/

1Reply
616 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 路 8 posts 路 8 votes
2y

@Jay Hinrichs I am in the same boat as Kyle. I made a $40k build deposit (first deposit on 10/2022) and we have yet to break ground - or even finalize permitting. The land was a separate all cash purchase.

On top of that- I call GC and email every week. I get a response about every other month- always with false promises, and never direct answers.

Do you have any advice for how to handle situation? Is it possible to transfer a contract to another builder? Thanks

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 路 6 posts 路 0 votes
    1y

    If you have been scammed by Jeff Beach at Blacktip Construction please contact the following to make a fraud report ASAP:

    Cape Coral Police Dept. 239-574-3223

    Ask for Officer Williams Rodriguez

    Badge #1919

    • Member since 2024 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kimberly Johnson:

      If you have been scammed by Jeff Beach at Blacktip Construction please contact the following to make a fraud report ASAP:

      Cape Coral Police Dept. 239-574-3223

      Ask for Officer Williams Rodriguez

      Badge #1919


  • Member since 2024 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
    1y

    What does making a fraud report do for us? 

  • Member since 2021 路 6 posts 路 0 votes
    1y

    Well we likely will not get money back, but they are looking into him and would like to know if other people who have been scammed. Your fraud case # is also documentation if needed for accounting. I found out today at Officer Williams Rodriguez is transferring any fraud cases related to Blacktip to Lee County Sheriff's because they are covering a wider territory.  Once I have an officer contact me from Lee County I will post info here.  

  • Real Estate Agent 路 SWFlorida 路 Member since 2023 路 28 posts 路 19 votes
    1y

    Have any scammed investors been able to get any of their builds completed by another GC?  I've been able to help a few get theirs completed.  Some investors are frozen either because they have no more funds, are in fear of the whole endeavor or haven't gotten out of their contracts with Beattie or Blacktip.  

    • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 2 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Susan Swanson:

      Have any scammed investors been able to get any of their builds completed by another GC?  I've been able to help a few get theirs completed.  Some investors are frozen either because they have no more funds, are in fear of the whole endeavor or haven't gotten out of their contracts with Beattie or Blacktip.  


       Yes Susan, I did manage to find a great GC and he finished 2 of my builds.

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor 路 VA 路 Member since 2015 路 21k+ posts 路 19k+ votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Hubert Lam:
      Quote from @Susan Swanson:

      Have any scammed investors been able to get any of their builds completed by another GC?  I've been able to help a few get theirs completed.  Some investors are frozen either because they have no more funds, are in fear of the whole endeavor or haven't gotten out of their contracts with Beattie or Blacktip.  


       Yes Susan, I did manage to find a great GC and he finished 2 of my builds.


       can you send me a pm on who your new GC is?

      7e investments53 Reviews
    • Real Estate Agent 路 SWFlorida 路 Member since 2023 路 28 posts 路 19 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Hubert Lam:
      Quote from @Susan Swanson:

      Have any scammed investors been able to get any of their builds completed by another GC?  I've been able to help a few get theirs completed.  Some investors are frozen either because they have no more funds, are in fear of the whole endeavor or haven't gotten out of their contracts with Beattie or Blacktip.  


       Yes Susan, I did manage to find a great GC and he finished 2 of my builds.  @Hubert Lam, I am so happy to hear this! Congratulations.  Did you keep as a ltr, str or did you sell?


  • Member since 2022 路 8 posts 路 2 votes
    10mo

    Definitely not a STR. So far thinking of selling both or a combo of LTR + holding and then selling for the right price

  • Real Estate Agent 路 SWFlorida 路 Member since 2023 路 28 posts 路 19 votes
    10mo

    Got it.  If you can get a good renter for LTR and wait it out a bit, Cape Coral should get itself back on the map as it's a great community with many things planned to add value to the community short term and long term.  I live close by in Port Charlotte.  Moving to Venice soon. If you can wait it out, you may get a producing property that grows in equity.  

  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker 路 Cape Coral, FL 路 Member since 2015 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    10mo

    @Susan Swanson Yes. Lots of them. I have been working with a lot of investors who have been able to get their builds completed. There are several locally that have been great. @Rodney Menendez with Blueshine is doing a great job.

  • Rodney MenendezPro Member
    Developer 路 South West Florida 路 Member since 2020 路 74 posts 路 53 votes
    10mo

    Thanks so much, @Adam Bartomeo! 馃檹 I really appreciate the shoutout and the confidence in Blueshine Bluilder. We are always happy to help

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.