Northwest Indiana can't find anything worth flipping/Wholesaler?

8 Replies

I have had luck on my last 4 flips in Northwest Indiana thru MLS listings to find homes with decent prices and good ARV to buy. But I'm wrapping up my 4th home and sold it a month into it cause the buyers seen my last flip and wanted to lock in on this one. Problem I'm having now is finding another property to flip. I put two offers in last week to banks but both got declined. I have never dealt with a wholesale broker or even know how to begin to find a great one. I have only bought in Northwest Indiana cause that's where my husband is from but we also reside in the South Loop in Chicago and want to start flipping in Illinois but don't have a great realtor in Illinois either. I finally got a good contractor I don't want to lose him due to not finding any more properties to flip. Since I know the BP family is always ready to jump in and make great recommendations and suggestions I figured to quit stressing about my next property and turn to the experts and people who have the answers I'm looking for. I'll wait to hopefully hear about what insights you might have on my next property search. So if anyone can recommend a great wholesaler or realtor I'm all ears! Thanks!

Hi @Rachel Stopka !

I wholesale in NWI and depending on the area you want greatly changes your possibilities. I do come across deals throughout Lake and Porter counties and I will be happy to help out any way I can.

Originally posted by @Rachel Stopka:

I have had luck on my last 4 flips in Northwest Indiana thru MLS listings to find homes with decent prices and good ARV to buy. But I'm wrapping up my 4th home and sold it a month into it cause the buyers seen my last flip and wanted to lock in on this one. Problem I'm having now is finding another property to flip. I put two offers in last week to banks but both got declined. I have never dealt with a wholesale broker or even know how to begin to find a great one. I have only bought in Northwest Indiana cause that's where my husband is from but we also reside in the South Loop in Chicago and want to start flipping in Illinois but don't have a great realtor in Illinois either. I finally got a good contractor I don't want to lose him due to not finding any more properties to flip. Since I know the BP family is always ready to jump in and make great recommendations and suggestions I figured to quit stressing about my next property and turn to the experts and people who have the answers I'm looking for. I'll wait to hopefully hear about what insights you might have on my next property search. So if anyone can recommend a great wholesaler or realtor I'm all ears! Thanks!

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to BP!! Like you I also invest in NW Indiana, but live in S Loop. What areas of NW Indiana are you flipping in? I am working on 2 flips right now in Valpo and Lowell and one more in the pipeline in Dyer.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Sharad

Hey @Rachel Stopka  

I don't know your market but 3 ways that I can think of to find wholesalers is to (1) look out for bandit signs (the "we buy houses" guys) and call them, (2) go on line and "pretend" to be a distressed homeowner to find the "we buy houses" advertisements on line and contact them and (3) go to your local area real estate investing club / association and network through there.

It's really difficult to find MLS deals in some markets - you may have to start finding off market stuff (e.g., auctions, etc).. That's what I've had to do for my last several flips in Chicago.

Good luck

@Rachel Stopka  I am a licensed agent in IN and also flip quite a few properties. I would love to connect and see if I can help you find some properties. So far we are on track to flip 25-35 houses this year and I have found all of our own houses. 

If anyone has a list of properties (multi-unit) in East Chicago or Hammond please add me to your distribution list!

Thanks,

Jim

I also invest in NW IN (Whole sellers add me) but I feel your pain it's been slim pickings on the MLS lately. My best advice would be to check craigslist and the auction sites on the regular.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.