Curious to know what target has worked best for you in generating leads through direct mail...

4 Replies

We have been using multiple marketing strategies both inbound and outbound... We also are investing in 3 different markets. We have found that many of our direct mail targets work sometimes, and then others there is very little response... Please share what direct mail targets are currently working for you. What type of response are you getting with these targets?

Thanks,

Could you post this same question in "Marketing" forum I would love to see the responses. 

@Andrew Cordle

I am new to the REI game but not new to marketing. I tell my marketing clients that on average it can take 7 touches to reach a potential client. Sometimes it takes less, and sometimes you get nothing.

The key is to target using different methods.  You might have to use direct mail more than once (in different formats).  Direct mail works better today because people are not getting as much mail in their mailbox.  You can also use the internet to target, maybe follow up with a phone call..it's no longer a cold call if they have your information.  

If you have anyone on the ground in the market your targeting perhaps they could pay a visit.  

I think the keys are persistence (without being obnoxious) and creativity to some degree.  

Maybe it's the first name, but I couldn't agree more with @Scott Gombar  .

Nothing will work forever.  You have to change things up from time to time.  The most important thing to remember though is being persistent.    

@Scott Costello  @Andrew Cordle  I agree the name Scott is pretty awesome.  I just learned yesterday how to properly tag people on BP so I am tagging Andrew now.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.