Wholesaling properties with tenants that don't pay rent

Wholesaling properties with tenants that don't pay rent

Real Estate Agent · Richardson, TX · Member since 2014 · 511 posts · 161 votes

Hi,

I'm new to wholesaling. I recently came across a great deal. A very motivated landlord wants to sell a property at a huge discount. Has anyone had any success doing this? I live in Illinois and the process for evicting tenants is extremely slow (I believe it's at least 6 months). 

Any tips on how to proceed?

0Reply
27 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John Van UytvenPro Member
    Property Manager · Oconee, IL · Member since 2014 · 536 posts · 202 votes
    11y

    Off them cash for keys.

    That is the easiest way to get them out.

    At least the process has been started to evict them.

  • Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    The reason the discount exists is because of the process. Therefore if you cannot get them out cash for keys. Expect to have to extend that discount to the buyer. So I would take that into account when you establish your "fee".

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.