Whats the best route for first deal?

4 Replies

Greetings all BP members! my brother and I for the past 6-8 months have made a commitment to be RE investors. With my brother being a recent college grad and myself having a family and responsibilities of my own we have limited funding so it forces us to come up with creative financing. What would you all recommend to be a good route to go for our first deal, Wholesale a property, go through private investor/lenders for potential flip of a property, or going through the bank getting a FHA loan and renting out a home or two flat?

@Brandon O.    Congrats!  The first step is to take action!  You did so by asking for advice.

We also made the decision to become real estate investors last year around July 2014 with hardly any money and working full time jobs just trying to make a living.  We started by pulling together 1000 dollars between my partner and I to start a direct mail campaign with @Jerry Puckett   and within 2 months of calls coming in, we managed to wholesale our first deal which made us 10500 profit!  Now 7 months later, we have wholesaled a total of 3 deals (2 closed today), purchased 2 rentals, and we have another under contract now for a potential flip.  We are also negotiating 9 more potential leads from our campaign!  So my answer to your question is to take action!  Regardless of which strategy you use to find deals, pick one and get started!  The best lesson is the one learned by taking action!!!!!!  The best goal to have is to find deals, not what to do with them.  You will be able to analyze them when you come into contact with the potential deal.  At that point you will determine your exit strategies.  Every deal will be different.

Man that's great insight and info! taking action is definitely key @Ryan Billingsley  

@Ryan Billingsley  

how did you all start your campaign if you don't mind me asking?

@Brandon O.    We reached out to @Jerry Puckett   and he walked us through the process.  Part of his service is he helps you get everything up and running.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you