Worst Toilet I've Ever Seen - How Does This Happen?

Worst Toilet I've Ever Seen - How Does This Happen?

Colin SmithBusiness Member
Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes

This is by far the worst toilet I've ever seen. And yes that is what you think it is. This picture was sent to me by a wholesaler and I had to check it out. Anyone have theories on how this even happens?

3Reply
58 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan Taylor SmithBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · Durham / Raleigh (Triangle), NC · Member since 2015 · 840 posts · 801 votes
11y

Is that a McDonald's bathroom off I95?

Blue Chariot Realty & Management4.915 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Member since 2015 · 222 posts · 173 votes
    11y

    Well, at first glance it appears to be human excrement, BUT the bowl on top of the tank indicates that a person has "created" a mess by filling the toilet and mounding it up with soil from the backyard, which explains the bowl used to transport it into the house.  

    I bet they got exactly the reaction that they wanted from their landlord when he saw it too!  

    Mission accomplished!  

  • Investor · Blackwell, OK · Member since 2014 · 52 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Throw in a little elbow grease and it will be good as new!!!

  • Investor · Lake Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2015 · 84 posts · 39 votes
    11y

    That one would definitely be worth paying the plumbers hourly rate.

  • Real Estate Investor · Prince Geroge's County, MD · Member since 2012 · 392 posts · 104 votes
    11y

    Oh myyyyyyyy...... Can you imagine the poor guy that has to demo that? 

    The wholesaler better have gotten a great deal on that house.  Talk about negotiating leverage.  Anytime the seller would have asked for more money I would have said,  did you not see that toilet? 

  • Investor · Arroyo Grande, CA · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    I made the mistake of viewing this at dinner time. Nasty!

    I saw something almost as bad when I did the Honolulu Marathon. But that was due to 25,000 participants and still can't compare!

    @Steve Babiak If hoarding is a disability, does that mean it's a protected class? I certainly hope not! Yuck!

  • Huntington, WV · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    That's the worst toilet I have ever seen and I lived in the dorms at (what was) the #1 Party School in the Nation--GOOO EEERS!!  LOL We even had a resident we dubbed the "mysterious shitter" because he would randomly take a dump and stash it in various places like under a sink, beside the toilet, on the drain in the shower.  NASTY!

  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    11y

    this is what landlording gets you 
    i saw that plus all over the walls in a house in my area 
    good luck @Colin Smith

  • Shallotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 130 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Some of you are cracking me up? -- I am a Commercial Plumber / Inspector. As I look at it and see that metal pan on top of the tank, they are pooping in the pan and dumping it into the toilet. Not much poop is in the floor.

    Things like this does happen to homes from time to time. Most of the time this is caused by gravity. If a sewer pump station stops pumping the poop up hill to the sewer plant, poop from an entire neighborhood can start flowing backwards and will take the path of least resistance. If they have an old backflow valve that is stuck open, due to rust or debris, thousands of gallons of poop can enter a home or several homes at one time like a huge mudslide. I have seen homes with 2 feet of poop from one end of the house to the other. -- The poop on the photo was more than likely caused by a faulty sewer pump, several apartment / condo units above it draining down, or bad backflow check valve. If the home did not have a backflow valve, it sure needed one and will need it big time! I am pretty sure that nobody kept pooping in that toilet as you don't see a bunch of paper, and they would have to be hovering above it standing up to make that kind of thing happen. -- Gravity is sometimes not your friend when it comes to sewer systems.

  • Rental Property Investor · Closter, NJ · Member since 2015 · 884 posts · 722 votes
    11y

    Toilet clogged, tenant/homeowner was too cheap to pay a drain service to unclog it, but continued using it.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jeanie H.:

    ...

    @Steve Babiak If hoarding is a disability, does that mean it's a protected class? I certainly hope not! Yuck!

    That is EXACTLY what it means. This has been discussed already on the forums, so search for those discussions. 

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    There are some things in life I wish I could un-see.  This is one of them.

  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    OP
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Mike Lynch:

    Some of you are cracking me up? -- I am a Commercial Plumber / Inspector. As I look at it and see that metal pan on top of the tank, they are pooping in the pan and dumping it into the toilet. Not much poop is in the floor.

    Things like this does happen to homes from time to time. Most of the time this is caused by gravity. If a sewer pump station stops pumping the poop up hill to the sewer plant, poop from an entire neighborhood can start flowing backwards and will take the path of least resistance. If they have an old backflow valve that is stuck open, due to rust or debris, thousands of gallons of poop can enter a home or several homes at one time like a huge mudslide. I have seen homes with 2 feet of poop from one end of the house to the other. -- The poop on the photo was more than likely caused by a faulty sewer pump, several apartment / condo units above it draining down, or bad backflow check valve. If the home did not have a backflow valve, it sure needed one and will need it big time! I am pretty sure that nobody kept pooping in that toilet as you don't see a bunch of paper, and they would have to be hovering above it standing up to make that kind of thing happen. -- Gravity is sometimes not your friend when it comes to sewer systems.

     I have never heard of this but really interesting that this can happen. Unfortunately, there was a lot more going on in this house than just the toilet.

  • Lynnwood, WA · Member since 2015 · 221 posts · 157 votes
    11y

    I can't believe no one has mentioned South Park, Randy and PF Chang's - it looks pretty similar, just a little smaller.

  • Shallotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 130 posts · 16 votes
    11y

    Yep, there are three things that I can think of that would cause that toilet problem. If you live in a home that has a low pressure sewer system or condo on the bottom floor of a building with a bunch of units above, invest in a $100.00 sewer backflow check vlave to be placed on the main sewer line leaving your home or unit. It can save thousands and thousands of dollars in the cleanup of backflow sewer and destroyed home decor, toys, furniture, everything, etc. It is a complete nightmare to clean up, not to mention a health department nightmare. They can close your entire home down and tell you that you can't move back in until they say so, which could be a long time. Someone can go from having a nice place to homeless within hours. I have seen it several times in the past couple of years alone.

  • Andy WebbPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2013 · 750 posts · 538 votes
    11y

    That is a great picture to take to your property tax Appraisal Review Board hearing - you are guaranteed to win your protest!

  • Jennifer T.Pro Member
    Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 944 votes
    11y

    I didn't want to click on this post...but I couldn't help myself.

    I see my fear was warranted! Lol.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.