Worst Toilet I've Ever Seen - How Does This Happen?

Worst Toilet I've Ever Seen - How Does This Happen?

Colin SmithBusiness Member
Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 988 posts · 447 votes

This is by far the worst toilet I've ever seen. And yes that is what you think it is. This picture was sent to me by a wholesaler and I had to check it out. Anyone have theories on how this even happens?

3Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan Taylor SmithBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · Durham / Raleigh (Triangle), NC · Member since 2015 · 840 posts · 801 votes
11y

Is that a McDonald's bathroom off I95?

Blue Chariot Realty & Management4.915 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Marina Del Rey, CA · Member since 2015 · 297 posts · 87 votes
    11y

    @Colin Smith wow! I was not expecting it to be that bad! It's like a sewage volcano, I would imagine it just kept backing up. But thankfully I've never seen anything like that! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    ouch!

  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    OP
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 988 posts · 447 votes
    11y

    What I don't get is the poop in the bowl on top of the toilet.

  • Lawrenceville, GA · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 18 votes
    11y

    Big Foot' droppings , proof of their existence 

  • Cobble Hill, BC · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 25 votes
    11y

    Was this from a renter?? I've never seen anything like that!  Why would anyone.. How the… What the… Holy… I'm at a loss for words.  Did you call in a hazmat team? 

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 285 votes
    11y

    Sadly, that reminds me of my college days. 

    The handy man at that apartment was not happy. 

  • Jonathan Taylor SmithBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Durham / Raleigh (Triangle), NC · Member since 2015 · 840 posts · 801 votes
    11y

    Is that a McDonald's bathroom off I95?

    Blue Chariot Realty & Management4.915 Reviews
  • Dana WhickerPro Member
    Investor · Fernandina Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 557 posts · 374 votes
    11y

    I'm calling BullS**t on that pic. LOL

  • Peebles, OH · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    "If" it were a real picture I would have to say the previous home owner did it. I work for a company that does Property Preservation work, and I am in charge of pictures. You should see some of the "crap" our guys have seen. Nasty what people do when they get foreclosed on.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 177 posts · 122 votes
    11y

    hahaha, its probably photoshopped but honestly, there is something called a "Backflow Preventer valve"  Mike Holmes is quite fond of them on Holmes on Homes.  Obviously, there was no backflow prevention here!   I'm imagining a house with septic tank that was in dire need of pumping and then someone doing something like washing clothes, running the dishwasher and showering all at the same time equals too much water going into a full tank and it's all gotta go somewhere!

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    11y

    I posted a similar picture a few months ago.  It was a hoarder house I had purchased.

    To this day, we still can't figure out how it happened...

  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    OP
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 988 posts · 447 votes
    11y

    This too came from a hoarder house... You have to have a mental health condition to let things get this out of hand.

  • Investor · Newburgh, IN · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    Ever heard of an upper decker?

  • Investor · Eastlake, OH · Member since 2015 · 174 posts · 85 votes
    11y

    Can I have the salad bowl when you are done with the Flip?

  • Peebles, OH · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    seems like a majority of hoarders are loners.😔

  • Realtor · Park Forest, IL · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Wow just wow!

  • Flipper · Port Deposit, MD · Member since 2014 · 280 posts · 171 votes
    11y

    I don't see what's hard to figure out about it... My immediate thought was hoarder house. Sad really. Yes, they actually balance above and poo on the pile over and over again til it's that big....

    Right?

  • Specialist · Buffalo, N · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 46 votes
    11y

    LOL...Based on the scene,  that's piled way too high for a backup.  

    My guess is this:  see that bowl on the toilet?  That's someone's "business bowl" and after they do their business in it, they dump it on the pile...again and again and again and...again until they're evicted.

    Oh, and this is why you never turn off the water on a tenant.

  • Property Manager · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 160 posts · 192 votes
    11y

    The lease agreement allowed pets.  The tenants owned an elephant, obviously.

  • Investor · Eagan, MN · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    Here is how it happens...

    The tenant rents a place with a well, not city water  A well pump needs electricity to run.  The tenant doesn't pay the electric bill, the well pump doesn't run, and no water.

    I have seen this happen, although the tub was used as well.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y

    @Eric D. - did you intend to say that a septic system did not get pumped?

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Colin Smith:

    This too came from a hoarder house... You have to have a mental health condition to let things get this out of hand.

    Well, hoarding is now considered a disability under fair housing rules ... so that would be a condition as you call it. 

  • Investor · Eagan, MN · Member since 2014 · 86 posts · 58 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Steve Babiak:

    @Eric D. - did you intend to say that a septic system did not get pumped?

     No.  The water was turned off, because there was no power.  A well needs power to run the pump.

    The septic system typically does not over flow in the toilet.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Colin Smith:

    What I don't get is the poop in the bowl on top of the toilet.

    It was probably used similar to a bedpan, and then the contents piled up when dumped and not flushed.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    11y

    Is that steam I see coming off of it? They're running out the back now!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.