Votes
Kyle Scholnick
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Does Anyone Own ALL turnkey??

Kyle Scholnick
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Jul 9 2015, 10:27

I know there are many people who like to get their feet wet with turnkey, but does anyone actually own ALL turnkeys? Does anyone own 30 turnkey properties?

Can anyone actually speak up that owns nothing but turnkey and has had a great experience?

I rarely hear from anyone who owns turnkeys other than the turnkey provider marketers, and of the people that do own them, it seems they only own 1-3. Is there a reason for this?

I want to believe turnkey is a great investment for busy professionals who have no desire to rehab/find deals/landlord/manage properties/deal with contractors etc....but why isn't it more common then?

I do also get concerned when I see proformas by turnkey providers that are only accounting for 5% vacancy (seems optimistic since just one month vacant should be 8.3%), 3-5% maintenance which seems low, absolutely no Capex inclusion etc.....

When you put regular numbers in to account for those things, it seems that many of the turnkeys aren't profitable...Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you make something, but just seems like 6-7% after you PROPERLY account for all possibilities and have a margin of safety.

I also don't buy the answer that people got involved with turnkeys and then realized they can go out on their own and do it....this makes no sense...if they are busy professionals and don't want to deal with the headaches of real estate, why all of a sudden after one turnkey experience they are starting their own empire?

So, again, anyone out there own ONLY turnkeys and have more than 10 of them?

Loading replies...