Looking to connect with investors in Bozeman, MT

Looking to connect with investors in Bozeman, MT

Real Estate Consultant · Federal Way, WA · Member since 2012 · 74 posts · 13 votes

I am thinking about investing in Bozeman, Montana and am looking to get to know investors in that area. 

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Shelli CallanBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Kalispell, MT · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 20 votes
11y

 I am not in Bozeman, I am in Kalispell, but I just could not keep my self from saying "Hi" 

One thing about Montana is that we are all still only one zip code, which I think makes us feel connected!  :)    Shelli

Shelli Callan with ADT Realty Campfire Realty Group
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shelli CallanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Kalispell, MT · Member since 2013 · 67 posts · 20 votes
    11y

     I am not in Bozeman, I am in Kalispell, but I just could not keep my self from saying "Hi" 

    One thing about Montana is that we are all still only one zip code, which I think makes us feel connected!  :)    Shelli

    Shelli Callan with ADT Realty Campfire Realty Group
  • Colin SmithBusiness Member
    Realtor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 987 posts · 447 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!

    In addition to reaching out to other BP members to connect, I would also highly recommend attending your local REI meetup. That is a great way to get face to face contact with other investors.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY MA CT VT MT, MO · Member since 2015 · 200 posts · 116 votes
    11y

    Hi Kathleen,

    I have just moved to the Bozeman area; I'm a contractor and construction manager, and had been a realtor for many years in Idaho and colorado. I'm looking for investors also, and would be interested to see if there is a REIA in the area, and if not, start one!

    l just listed a property of mine in Colorado, and have to do a 1031 exchange with the proceeds... so depending on how that goes, I might be an investor as well.  I was planning on buying some turnkey properties in the midwwest, but am open to ideas.  Vacation Rentals?  Do you have any projects in mind?  Bozeman is expensive (though not like Seattle!), but the up side looks pretty darned good in the current market.

  • Investor · Great Falls, MT · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 132 votes
    11y

    I have a quad in Bozeman, just sold another I owned . Live up in Great Falls but the wife is from Livingston. Let me know if you have any questions. Bozeman is pricey, especially now, and there is a lot of building going on. That said, I think it is a phenomenal location/market with great long term prospects. The rental market is tight right now and rents have jumped a lot over that last 3-4 years.

  • Contractor · Blackfoot, ID · Member since 2013 · 149 posts · 52 votes
    11y

    I have lived in the Bozeman area since 1985, and just bought a duplex in the area myself. It does have great long term prospects as we are a college town, and we have a pretty large tourism industry.

    We are very expensive. There are deals to be found, but you really have to dig for them.

    Bozeman is one of those areas you really need to research before you just jump in.

    I know another BP member who lives here, but wont invest here. When I asked him why all he said was "Montanans are very proud of their property". I would say he's right.

    Not trying to be discouraging at all. Just want you to know what your looking at.

    Let me know if I can assist you, or answer any questions.

  • Bozeman, MT · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Just moved back to Bozeman and would love to connect with other REI. This thread is pretty old, but maybe people are still following it? If so, contact me!

  • Bozeman, MT · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    @Egan Lohman Welcome back to Bozeman. Its gotten a little crazy here in Bozeman...Let me know if you want to connect.

  • Bozeman, MT · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Good Afternoon, I am fairly new to Bozeman but would really enjoy connecting with some experienced REI in the area. I have a hospitality industry background yet always been interested in real estate since they is where hotels and restaurants start.

  • Investor · Belgrade, MT · Member since 2013 · 135 posts · 32 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Fister and anyone else that finds this post (I do not get on BP as often as I should), please connect with our local Bozeman Investor Club, search meetup.com and you will find us, we typically meet first Monday of month 6-8pm

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.