• Natick, MA
Votes |
Massachusetts Cashflow Properties

Shawn L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Natick, MA
Posted Sep 8 2015, 19:04

Hi All,

As I mentioned in my introduction posted here, I've been scouring the MLS looking for cash flowing multi family (3-6 unit) properties in Massachusetts. Im focusing on Framingham, Marlborough and Worcester as my target communities. I've looked a little bit in other surrounding towns as well.

I know that this isn't widely considered a "cash flow" market but I was dumbfounded the first time I read about the 2% rule. After reading that I pretty much froze up and spent a lot of time trying to find listings that come anywhere close to it. What I found is that those deals simply do not exist on the MLS anywhere close to my target area. I'm not saying they're not out there but with the market as hot as it is here, I can only assume they're being snapped up as pocket listings.

I'm curious what channels other local investors are using to find cash flowing buy and hold deals?  Based on what I've read here I know that attending a local club would be a step in the right direction.  Actually a little over a year ago the Black Diamond Meetup was suggested to me and I didn't really give it much thought until I started reading here.

Looking forward to the discussions.

Side note - I initially intended to put together a much more quantitative post, but after I got to about two pages worth of text, I realized that nobody was going to read past the first paragraph or two.

Loading replies...