Votes
Jordan B.
  • Washington, IN
Votes |
Let's talk Debt

Jordan B.
  • Washington, IN
Posted Sep 18 2015, 05:37

Hello everyone, I am curious if anyone has built a successful portfolio debt free. I am not arguing leverage vs debt, leverage wins everytime hands down, no argument here, I own a calculator, pencil and paper.  My convictions are purely personal. This isn't a Dave Ramsey vs Robert Kiyosaki thing either. My family of five has no debt to anyone, we own our home, cars, and toys outright. 70% of my income is cash flow this way.  My reasons are spiritual in nature, the bible says to owe debt to no one, and to only owe one another love. It says the debtor is slave to lender. I believe these things to be true, not forcing them on anyone I just want to get rid of the argumentative points of this question so I can get some real feedback. Obviously I am willing to grow slower in my portfolio and understand that, I just wanted to hear if anyone here has done this too!  Thanks everyone for not telling me how dumb this is and how leverage is awesome, and how much more money I can make. We have done very well in our life operating in cash and the Lord has honored that and I believe he will the same in this scenario as well.  The bible says we are to be a peculiar people, so against the grain we go!  So....anybody done it

Loading replies...