Powerball Winner? What would you invest in?

Powerball Winner? What would you invest in?

Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 800 posts · 229 votes

If I won the Powerball tonight I would invest heavily into value add and high performing Multifamily projects. Rent no matter what will always be in demand and when you setup a solid, high yield rental portfolio you will always have a steady stream of income.

Oh ... and I'd buy a pro sports team or two and finance some movies in Hollywood.

How about you guys?

1Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

i dont know if i'd invest if i hit it. i know i'd have to do SOMETHING with my time, but i dont think i'd be doing much except travelling and spending it after the dust settles.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Livonia, MI · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    i dont know if i'd invest if i hit it. i know i'd have to do SOMETHING with my time, but i dont think i'd be doing much except travelling and spending it after the dust settles.

  • Lender · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Gold bars, Platinum Bars, Land...everywhere...2-3 million acres all over the world, Guns, Bullets, More Guns, More Bullets....A really tricked out RV with an office in it...some yachts...gotta have a few of those...If I was the single winner...I'd save 25% for my kids and their kids and their kids...I'd give away 50%..I'd invest another 10% to live on for the next 50 years...and I'd spend 15% on anything and everything I ever wanted...

  • Real Estate Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 951 votes
    10y

    With that much money I'd be buying class A multifamily and office space in major metros for cash flow and large tracts of raw land for long term growth.  

    I imagine most on here aren't regular lottery players but when the jackpot is nearly a billion dollars (I only count the cash option as the value) it's worth a shot for the entertainment factor. 

  • Mike CumbieBusiness Member
    REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    I wouldn't be doing any active investing, sure there would be diversity in my portfolio, but it would be pretty low risk, low return. I would do all sorts of volunteer work, traveling and helping those as I could. We don't have expensive tastes heck I might just travel the country in an RV and help during natural disasters. Maybe train some dogs for search and rescue. 

  • Mike CumbieBusiness Member
    REALTOR® · Brockport, NY · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    @Patrick L.,

    Yeah but for a buck the dreams and conversations are worth it all day long. I bet I get a dollars worth of conversation out of the person in line with me.  :)

  • Capistrano Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 283 posts · 169 votes
    10y

    i would just spend it on nonsense. with more money that i can spend in a lifetime (assuming I am the sole winner of $1B), investing wouldn't make sense for me. more to lose than to gain. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern, CA · Member since 2012 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @CK Hwang:

    i would just spend it on nonsense.

    This guy would probably agree:

    Man's hilarious response to reporter who asked him on live TV what he would spend Powerball winnings on

    Got to give him credit for his honesty though.

  • Investor · Herndon, VA · Member since 2015 · 185 posts · 74 votes
    10y

     I am not going to win as I am not buying any tickets so wouldn't day dream and continue to work and invest.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    It would all go to multifamily properties!! Build a huge portfolio to generate more income

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2015 · 570 posts · 521 votes
    10y

    Seriously? At current its $950,000,000.00 cash payout. Or annual payment of about $50,000,000.00 per year. Either way I don't think I would be concerned with growing my winnings. If fifty million dollars a year for 30 years ,or a billion all at once isn't enough to get by on for the rest of your life, holy crap you've got some expensive tastes! LOL

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.