Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2012 · 194 posts · 125 votes
Hi folks,
I'm an active lease option wholesaler that does deals in multiple states, and I just discovered today that one of my primary marketing vehicles, postlets, is totally gone and absorbed by zillow.
I would usually make a rental postlets ad, and then a FSBO postlets ad for the same home when I have a lease option I'm trying to assign.
I'm looking for a tool that will automatically syndicate my lease option listings to multiple websites at a time like postlets used to: zillow, redfin, trulia, hotpads, etc.
Can someone please point me in the right direction for a multi site syndication too? All of my for sale listings are totally gone, and I don't want to rely only on zillow to market my rent to own deals.
Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2012 · 194 posts · 125 votes
10y
Wow, thanks for the prompt reply! For vflyer, can I post the same home for rent and for sale at the same time? Or do I need to make two active listings per home to accomplish this? If so, that 25 listing limit will be reached often.
Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 389 posts · 250 votes
10y
Thanks for the pointers to new sites, everyone! I hadn't realized that Zillow had changed Postlets to rentals only (though now that I think about it, "Zillow Rental Manager" kind of says it all. Duh.) I've got a new rental coming online soon, and will give one of these other listing syndicators a try.
Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 111 posts · 155 votes
10y
UPDATE: Postlets IS GONE - MAYBE NOT
So heres the low down on postlets, zillow just took over however the same features we love like the syndication is still intact.
Its not obvious at first sight unless you dig a bit.
So YES YOU CAN STILL POST FOR SALE LISTING and they syndicate.
FAQ
Will my listing still be syndicated to all of the partner sites? Yes, listings will still be distributed to Zillow, Trulia, HotPads and other top rental sites.
Will I still be able to access my For Sale listings in Zillow Rental Manager? Yes, rental and For Sale listings created in Postlets will be accessible via Zillow Rental Manager.
Will I be able to create new For Sale listings in Zillow Rental Manager? Yes, for now. However, we strongly encourage you to go directly to Zillow’s dedicated For Sale posting path where you’ll find a find a suite of free tools and services.
Our property management office had one Postlets account and each property manager listed their information as the contact information. Can we do the same thing with Zillow Rental Manager? Yes, you will still be able to have contact information specific to a listing.
I had property photos on Postlets that are different than my Zillow photos. Which photos will be kept? Nothing changes. Your Zillow Rental Manager listings and photos are the same as your Postlets listings and photos that were distributed to Zillow, Trulia, HotPads and our partner sites. Your listings as they appeared on Zillow remain the same.
I just want to list on Trulia (or HotPads or Zillow); does my listing have to appear on all three? Yes, just like Postlets, Zillow Rental Manager distributes listings to multiple sites.
Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2012 · 194 posts · 125 votes
10y
In my area, it only allows me to post to zillow, trulia, and hotpads (all zillow owned websites), rather than the 40+ it used to post to. Plus, it looks like they are going to take my ability away to post sale listings soon too, which is a huge bummer. For a lease option wholesaler like myself, it's a huge benefit to be able to post the same house for rent, and for sale, on dozens of websites. Now, they've limited my rental listing exposure to only three sites (instead of 40+), and it looks like they will be taking my ability to post that home for sale shortly too (because I'm not an agent).
As Sabrina mentioned, Zillow Rental Manager is still a listing syndication tool with the same functionality as Postlets. If you go to "Settings" you'll see the list of sites it syndicates and can adjust accordingly.
You can also still use it for FSBO, however we encourage you to try Zillow's FSBO posting path which also syndicates to Trulia.
Real Estate Professional · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 32 posts · 15 votes
9y
Everyone has abandoned RentLinx. Zillow rental property manager is what everyone uses now. Even when we had RentLinx, 95% of the leads came from the Zillow network. Syndication sites that fed off of Rentlinx will become obsolete now also.
@Sabrina Kane Now that Rentlinx is $55/month (instead of free), do you have any other rental syndication websites that you recommend?
I recently signed up for a free TurboTenant account, and put a rental ad on there; they syndicated it through RentLinx (no charge to me), so it went out to lots of sites; it even was placed on realtor.com. They do not post to CraigsList, so you would have to do that separately. The one downside I noticed is that they become in control of the Zillow, Trulia and PadMapper ads that are all in the Zillow network; you don't get to change those without going through TurboTenant even if you posted to the Zillow network yourself first.
Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2017 · 169 posts · 119 votes
8y
@Steve Babiak , can you direct message me with the property address you're referencing and we'll have a look into the issue you're having. Normally you can easily edit your listing in TT and all your public listings will update automatically. If this is not happening for you we'll get to the bottom of it. As for Craigslist, you are correct, there's no way to automatically post a listing there, but we do create a snippet of code that you can cut and paste into Craiglist that formats all your listing info easily.
@Steve Babiak , can you direct message me with the property address you're referencing and we'll have a look into the issue you're having. Normally you can easily edit your listing in TT and all your public listings will update automatically. If this is not happening for you we'll get to the bottom of it.
I can use TurboTenant to edit just fine; it's when I go to Zillow directly to edit that I cannot make changes. That could be because I used a different email address with Zillow directly, so I can get some tracking. So TurboTenant is in charge of the Zillow listing.