Seabrook, WA - and other upscale vacation rentals

Seabrook, WA - and other upscale vacation rentals

Julie MarquezPro Member
Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes

Has anyone ran the numbers for investing in vacation rentals in the nice planned community of Seabrook, WA? It's a very beautiful place, similar to Seaside, FL and the whole 30A area. 

You are buying at a pretty high price, and it is a different vacation rental ballgame, but I was wondering if the numbers pay off. Such pretty houses in such a pretty place, so can money actually be made? @Brandon Turner

0Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pat BirkelandPro Member
    Investor · Enumclaw, WA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hello Julie.   I was curious about this also.  Additionally I had browsed the Lake Chelan vacation rentals called The Lookout which is being done by the same company.

    I attended an event and some 'typically rental income' numbers were provided but it was an Excel file that looked a little too basic to trust.

    Would love to hear about anyone's experience with this.  The controlled property/rental management in Seabrook seems very unique.  Chelan would not have the same advantage but it does have fuller vacation town options.

  • Julie MarquezPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Skagit County, WA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 807 votes
    10y

    @Pat BirkelandI was just in Chelan last weekend, and took a look at the pretty properties at The Lookout too. I know that they charge a 38% fee to manage the rental, so income can be limited. I really don't think the numbers pan out, I just don't know a guarantee on the rented nights per year, so it's hard to calculate.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.