Has anyone bought a turnkey property from Real Wealth Network?

Has anyone bought a turnkey property from Real Wealth Network?

Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes

I've been listening to Kathy Fettke's podcast on the Real Wealth Network, and they are lined up with affiliates in different areas that provide turnkey rental properties.  Some of the numbers look very good for being passive deals, and I was just wondering if anyone has used this service to purchase? 

1Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 5 votes
9y

Kyle

I've been working w/ The Real Wealth Network since 2012 and have purchased 8 homes 

in Ohio and recently 2 more in Chicago. I found they are easy to work with and your right

the passive returns are 12- 18 % on B class homes .I run a appliance repair business in the bay area 

and this investment takes very little time .The group is truly educational with no high pressure sales tactics, so that allowed me to do additional research and go at my own pace. In 4 years I've able 

to replace 3/4 of my current income and on track to totally replace it by May 2018. Also having such

a large group, the affiliates bring their "A " game to the table and makes for a win-win situation  

Check-em out All The Best  Paul

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kyle N.:

    I've been listening to Kathy Fettke's podcast on the Real Wealth Network, and they are lined up with affiliates in different areas that provide turnkey rental properties.  Some of the numbers look very good for being passive deals, and I was just wondering if anyone has used this service to purchase? 

     I don't really know too much about them, but I always suggest doing your research, which it seems you are doing right now!

    Make sure the provider is an actual turnkey provider, and not someone who just searches listings for you. You want someone who did all the work and made it an actual turnkey asset. Feel free to message me with any other questions, I'd be happy to help out!

  • Real Estate Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Kyle

    I've been working w/ The Real Wealth Network since 2012 and have purchased 8 homes 

    in Ohio and recently 2 more in Chicago. I found they are easy to work with and your right

    the passive returns are 12- 18 % on B class homes .I run a appliance repair business in the bay area 

    and this investment takes very little time .The group is truly educational with no high pressure sales tactics, so that allowed me to do additional research and go at my own pace. In 4 years I've able 

    to replace 3/4 of my current income and on track to totally replace it by May 2018. Also having such

    a large group, the affiliates bring their "A " game to the table and makes for a win-win situation  

    Check-em out All The Best  Paul

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    9y

    @Paul Choate, thanks for the info! I really like everything that I'm seeing on the Real Wealth Network, but I was looking for a non-biased opinion of someone who has actually owned property with them instead of their own testimonials on the website.  I have been seriously considering the Orlando and KC markets, and because of your positive experience, I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger!  Thanks for posting and happy investing!

  • Real Estate Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Great, I really liked Orlando also. For me it all comes down to the property mgt. as my final 

    decision, like the other post said check the mgt. out yourself and get a feel how they communicate 

    back and forth w/ you . Maybe we'll see you in Orlando   

  • Realtor · NW Suburbs of Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 156 posts · 62 votes
    9y

    Hello @Kyle N.! I just heard about this investor group as well and was referred by someone who is having positive experiences investing with them. Since we're both in IL I'd be interested to hear if you've done anything with them, and if so how things are going?

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    9y

    @Shelly F., I just closed on two properties on March 20 in Alabama, one in Huntsville and one in Montgomery. So it's a little too early for me to give you any real feedback. I've been real busy and trusted RWN, and didn't really check out the management end before purchasing. Communication isn't the best, but I just need to get on the phone and rattle some cages, and I'm sure it will become better. I actually got an email a week ago from the management company that said I needed to send $3k to replace the sewer line between the house and the road after owning the property for 11 days. Normally I would have been screwed, but I replied to the management company, sellers, and RWN, that I didn't think I should be on the hook. My investment counselor, Ben, wrote me right back that I should not pay and wait the weekend to if/what they would reply. The management company emailed me again on Tuesday of this week saying they need to do something to keep the tenants from getting angry and wanted to know how we should proceed.  I forwarded the message to Ben, and within a couple hours I got an email from the sellers saying they were sorry, and they would take care of it.  I can tell you that I'm very Happy to have RWN backing me up, because they send a lot of business to the Alabama operator. I would be happy to share your email chain if you would like to check it out.

    I decided to buy in AL, because I'm scared of the mess that we (Illinois) are in, and who knows what property taxes will be in the future. Plus the cash flow was the best there. 

    Let me know if you have any more questions!

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y
    You can buy from a marketer or direct from the turnkey provider. Both have pros and cons. I prefer using a broker which is a good balance of protection and saves on the middle man cost.
  • Westbury, NY · Member since 2017 · 30 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Hi @Kyle N., I’ve been hearing a lot about RWN and am interested in buying my first rental property through them.  I’m leaning towards Huntsville and wanted to see how it’s going for you.

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    8y

    @Elizabeth Garcia, it's been almost a year since I bought in Huntsville, and I think they have come a long way. I think Huntsville is a great market and I plan to buy more properties there as soon as I'm able. There are many pros and cons about my experience, and I would be happy to share them with you privately. If you're interested in more, let's become colleagues on here so we can chat!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    I haven't used RWN but I work with similar types of companies/folks and have always bought turnkeys for myself.

    Question though- why are you thinking turnkeys if you are in the construction industry and live in IL? Both of those open you up to a lot of potential outside of turnkey!

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    8y

    @Ali Boone, I have 19 units in and around my area in IL, but I'm just looking to diversify into other markets with a little more of a chance of appreciation.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Oh wow, good for you! 19 units is awesome. And the diversification plan sounds like a good one. Appreciation potential is a bit squeezed across the board right now but there are some options out there. Any areas of focus in particular yet that you've liked?

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hello @Kyle N. if you don’t mind; I’m also interested in your feedback on Huntsville. I was originally interested in the Cincinnati, Ohio location and heard good feedback on Missy who is the affiliate for RWN in Cincinnati but the cash flow is pretty low. I see you chose Huntsville for the cash flow. I’ve been a RWN member for a year now but never pulled the trigger. I’d love to hear your feedback (privately if you prefer). Thanks in advance!

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    8y

    @Ali Boone, I've started to zero in on Huntsville, AL. Prices are still very affordable and rents are good. I like a lot of the other metrics about the city as well, and while cash flows are good, in my opinion, the market is prime for some appreciation as well.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    8y

    @Kyle N. I haven't bought turnkey via RWN, but I have invested in a few of their syndications, and I have invested turnkey via other providers.  My take on RWN is that they are an excellent company overall and provide real value to their members.  However, as with any marketer of turnkey that works with various affiliates in various markets, you have to get to know the affiliate in the market you are considering.  This is who you are purchasing from, and this is who (especially the PM) you will rely on to maintain your investment. I always advise vetting such affilates on the ground providers thoroughly including a onsite visit before you close on your first deal with them.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Huntsville is a great town. I went there a few times when I was an Aero major in college for some competitions and they have some strong industry there. Have you found a turnkey provider there? I haven't heard of one there. Or are you just checking out properties there on your own?

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    8y

    @Ali Boone, I bought one about a year ago from a turnkey provider. May do a deal on my own to see how I do.

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    8y

    @Larry Fried, I couldn't agree more! I had a very bad experience with my property manager mostly because they switched management companies soon after I closed. It took me a little while to learn the new company was horrible before I found someone else to take over. Been smooth sailing since then!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Cool! Huntsville would be cool for that. If you need any TK help later down the road, hit me up anytime!

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Ali Boone:

    Huntsville is a great town. I went there a few times when I was an Aero major in college for some competitions and they have some strong industry there. Have you found a turnkey provider there? I haven't heard of one there. Or are you just checking out properties there on your own?

    ALI   ROIGPM  works Huntsville   

  • Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2015 · 177 posts · 110 votes
    8y

    @Kyle N.

    I am a buy and hold investor in the Huntsville, AL area.  The market is good here especially for rentals as there is a strong job market and low vacancy rates.  Also Huntsville is expected to grow with the investment from Toyota as well as other government agencies expected to move here.  Let me know if there is anything I do to help you in this area.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Ali Boone:

    Huntsville is a great town. I went there a few times when I was an Aero major in college for some competitions and they have some strong industry there. Have you found a turnkey provider there? I haven't heard of one there. Or are you just checking out properties there on your own?

    ALI   ROIGPM  works Huntsville   

    Oh cool, thanks! I'll check into them. I don't know anything about them other than having seen the name here and there.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Ali Boone:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @Ali Boone:

    Huntsville is a great town. I went there a few times when I was an Aero major in college for some competitions and they have some strong industry there. Have you found a turnkey provider there? I haven't heard of one there. Or are you just checking out properties there on your own?

    ALI   ROIGPM  works Huntsville   

    Oh cool, thanks! I'll check into them. I don't know anything about them other than having seen the name here and there.

    they are active in the AL  and some GA market... based out of Napa CA  I Know them well and have been on the ack side last year with them I did a bunch of them in Huntsville... and Montgomery  good people 

  • Construction Project Manager · Sycamore, IL · Member since 2015 · 91 posts · 109 votes
    8y

    @Jay Hinrichs, I would agree, they are good people, and have stood behind their product and made things right when they legally and contractually could have walked away!

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y

    @Kyle N.  YUP  Rob Fuller and company are quality folks.. they proved that to me over the course of the year were we worked together.. And that is really all you can ask for .. Glad its working out for you. !!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.