Questions to ask a seller??!

2 Replies

Hi BP,

We are meeting with a seller today and we were looking for questions to ask BUT..

This is a FIRE HOUSE PROPERTY, So asking typical questions like square footage, repairs, why they are wanting to sell etc. would already be questioned..

We are looking for questions that will make the seller feel comfortable to sell us their property.

Thanks!

Hey @Elijah Crowder , I hope some people chime in and let you know their opinion.

I would focus mainly on questions about the location and neighborhood of the property. These are questions related to the property, but obviously not about the house that was burnt. Of course, if you plan on rebuilding, be sure to know the other houses in the area so that you can build a house that will both fit in and be in the right price range for the majority of buyers.

I just did a quick search here on BP and found another thread that is related to burnt houses and it may be beneficial to read. Here is the link. It doesn't go into what to ask sellers, necessarily. Mostly just some additional info to consider. 

Here is another link that talks about getting appraisals done on burnt houses. Again, not a direct answer to your question but may spark some ideas.

Best of luck and I hope you find success!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here